Pint-sized party guests will go crazy for this colorful rainbow pasta! 🤩And you’ll love how EASY it is to make. 🙌 I used a standard set of food coloring to make pink, purple, teal, and yellow noodles. You can really make any color palette you want, though! Just make sure you store the different colors of noodles separately until you’re ready to serve them.
1. Cook the noodles to an al dente stage. Remove them from the heat, drain, and rinse with cold water.
2. Add 3 tablespoons of water + food coloring to each zip-top bag. Note: amount of food coloring used will vary by type; regular grocery store food coloring will require around 15-20 drops. Stronger formulas like Color Right or gel food coloring may only require 2-3 drops.
3. Divide the pasta evenly among the food coloring bags.
4. Zip the top of each bag closed and shake the bags until all of the noodles are well-coated with color.
5. Let the noodles sit for 15 minutes to soak up the color (or more if you think they need it). Next, use a colander to rinse the noodles with cold water, one color at a time. Store the pasta colors separately until you’re ready to serve them.
6. When ready to serve, toss all of the noodle colors together with butter & parmesean or your favorite clear/translucent pasta sauce.
7. Serve with star puffs made from puff pastry sheets + a star-shaped cookie cutter. For extra sparkle, sprinkle the puffs with edible gold stars!