Everything’s coming up sunshine and rainbows today! 😎🌈
This Retro Rainbow Baby Shower is a fun mix of glitter, rainbows, and throwback-inspired elements like retro candy, color blocked gold chargers and DIY disco baby roller skates embellished with sequins! (Which quickly become one of my favorite DIY projects EVER!) 🥰
If you like what you see below, head over to Part 2 of this theme next to check out the matching dessert table & treats.
Rainbow Baby Shower Printables
My Retro Rainbow printables are available in our store! Use them to add instant style and personalized details to your party. 🙌 You can edit the custom text yourself – right on the website – whenever (and as often as) you need to! Click here to buy this collection.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS TO LOOK OUT FOR:
- Quilt-batting “cloud” centerpiece + rainbow button “rain drops”
- A (super easy) alternate centerpiece idea made from printable paper clouds
- Color-blocked chargers and glasses (made with painter’s tape & spray paint)
- Party Favors: Retro candy packaged in mini glittered baby bottles with printable flags
- Chair backs decorated with ribbon & glittery hearts (+ a cloud for mom-to-be’s chair!)
I wanted the vibe of this Retro Rainbow Baby Shower to be playful and happy… something that would put both mom-to-be and her guests in a “shiny happy” mood the minute they arrived! Bright colors, metallic gold, glitter and fluffy white clouds took center stage. The printable paper details played a huge part in bringing this theme to life – through elements like framed prints, party flags, and bold patterned papers used as napkin rings and dessert tray liners.
I hope this theme makes you happy too! If you know a mom-to-be that would love to be showered with sunshine and rainbows, the entire printable collection (+ coordinating items) can be found right here.
Centerpiece Design A:
- “Bubble” vase (from HomeGoods) spray painted gold & decorated with large candy dots
- DIY clouds made from quilt batting and felt
- “Raindrop” button strands made from buttons, fishing line, and mini glue dots
- Smaller bud vase (from Ikea) spray painted gold & white
- Framed prints, glittered pacifiers, & extra quilt batting around the base
Centerpiece design B:
- Printable “You Are My Sunshine, Baby” paper clouds attached to wooden dowels
- Dowels inserted into foam filled vase & covered with quilt batting
- Glittered acrylic pacifiers around the base
- Color blocked acrylic charger plates
- “Double dipped” (Dollar Tree glasses spray painted with white and gold)
- Utensils adorned with glittered mini wooden hearts
- Retro Orange Cream Soda Bottles + stripey straws embellished buttons
- Patterned paper “napkin rings”
- A special glittered initial used to distinguish mom-to-be’s place setting
- Inexpensive sheet from Target used as “table cloth”
- Chairs decorated with bands of ribbon + glittered hearts
- Mom-to-be’s chair had a special cloud + glittered heart chair back design!
PARTY DECOR DETAILS:
- Wooden shadow boxes (from Michaels) painted two-tone with craft paint
- Wooden letters (from Michaels) spelling BABY painted two-tone with craft paint
- Vases decorated with large Candy Buttons
- Glittered acrylic pacifiers
- Framed Prints embellished with buttons and glittered hearts
- Onesies embellished with ribbon, buttons, glittered hearts, & printable paper details
This diaper cake was super easy! Two wooden shadow boxes painted two-tone with craft paint were used for the main “structure” of the diaper cake. The largest box was filled with diapers and then another layer was added around the outside. The smaller box sat on top of the larger one & was filled with more rolled diapers. The cake was decorated with rick rack and sequin ribbon + fabric flowers & buttons.
Diaper Cake Topper:
These “disco baby roller skates” were fashioned from inexpensive baby shoes from Target (I just bought the cheapest ones I could find) + gold spray paint & sequins. Two sets of wooden craft wheels were also spray painted gold and embellished with buttons, then hot glued to the bottom of the shoes. For the finishing touch – a little printable “This is how I Roll” batter was attached to the shoes with wooden dowel!
Rainbow Baby Shower Printables