//, Bachelorette, Bridal Showers/Flirty “French Candy” Party Theme

Flirty “French Candy” Party Theme

french candy party theme

This Black, White, and Pink wedding theme from brides.com is also fabulous inspiration for a flirty, “French Candy” themed birthday party or bridal shower (especially a lingerie-themed shower!).

Party Decor: Flower arrangements (roses, carnations, hydrangeas, peonies), party favors, and candy treats are all pretty in pink, and black stripes & polka dots add some fun, Parisian-cafe-inspired flair…

french candy party theme

What to sip? Flirty Pink Martinis and french-inspired drinks like Chambord and Champagne, of course!

Be My Guest: Here are a few invitation ideas to help set the tone for a fun, flirty get-together:

french candy theme invitations

Pictured above: Couture Cocktails by Bonnie Marcus ($8/12 blank or $30/8 custom-printed); Engagement Silhouette ($1.30 each custom-printed); and Flirty Fun: Princess ($2.24 each custom-printed)

By |2018-02-12T09:40:21-07:00March 25th, 2009|Adult Birthday, Bachelorette, Bridal Showers|

Jennifer Sbranti is the founder of Hostess with the Mostess®, a creative living and party planning resource established in 2006. She lives in Northern California with her husband, Sonny, and daughters Macy (9) and Rylie (7). Sbranti’s work has been featured in media outlets such as Good Morning America, The Today Show, Real Simple, People, InStyle Weddings, and Extra! TV. She has designed creative content and unique live events for several well-respected brands, including Mattel, Coca-Cola, The Hershey Company, Toys”R”Us, Pottery Barn Kids, and Starbucks.

1. Zakirah March 25, 2009 at 12:43 pm

WOW, truly inspirational!

2. Kendall @designbykendall March 25, 2009 at 12:45 pm

I love the striped table cloths — I think they make the biggest statement!

3. Ariane Griffiths March 25, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Wow!! How mutli-mood is this?! Sexy & Cute all at the same time – great theme!!!

4. Donna March 25, 2009 at 2:22 pm

This will be fabulous for my friend’s 50th birthday in November. She used to live in Paris and of course, loves chocolate!

I wanted you to know that I used your “bed table” for inspiration for my Slumber party. I hope you will come by to see the post :)

5. michelle {sweet mady's paper} March 25, 2009 at 2:53 pm

The little gift boxes with the polka dot ribbon are the best! I love the whole pink and black theme.

6. alice March 25, 2009 at 8:44 pm

very pretty and parisian. love the black and white with the pink.

7. heyais March 25, 2009 at 9:11 pm

i love this. this is such a “chick and chic”. :) I”ll definitely be on the look out for events where I can apply these colors.

8. Sugar and Spice Event Design March 25, 2009 at 10:36 pm

This is too cute of a theme. I have seen these done with a victoria secret influence. How french naughty maid is this! I love it!

9. Alicia March 25, 2009 at 11:34 pm

Wow! Substitute red for the pink and it would be just what I wanted for my wedding! Gotta find those beautiful tablecloths. I love it!

10. MrsC2b March 25, 2009 at 11:40 pm

this is so girly and chic! hmmm, how can I tie in my beach theme with this one? 60’s retro beach party, maybe?

11. Jules @ cep March 26, 2009 at 5:24 am

so much fun! I love this idea for a bachelorette party dinner or lingerie shower. Naughty but cute at the same time.

12. Vanessa March 26, 2009 at 8:07 am

I love this…posted about this same scheme a while back for a bridal shower! Love pink and black!

13. Andrea March 26, 2009 at 9:30 am

Great article. Love the colors.Brides, see http://www.creative-theme-wedding-ideas.com
    for other theme wedding ideas

14. Sandra @ Ribbons and Favors March 28, 2009 at 11:43 am

Whoa…no doubt that those tablecloths take center stage! The pink napkins with the monogram are way cute.

15. Megan March 30, 2009 at 7:19 am

These are great! For more fun party favor ideas, check out . Affordable party favors with free personalization.

16. Britney April 12, 2009 at 9:59 am

I have been looking for the perfect shower theme for my best friend-I just found it! Thanks:)

17. Ntsikie April 16, 2009 at 12:15 am

this is really beautiful!

18. nancy flores April 18, 2009 at 3:51 pm

This is great! I was thinking of having a tea party for my daughters in this theme. I LOVE IT!!!
    thanks for sharing..

Nancy :)

19. Emily October 22, 2009 at 11:46 am

Im doing a similar party and i NEED to know where you got the table cloth

20. jenn s. October 22, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Hi Emily –

The tablecloths are from Party Rental Ltd. Here’s a direct link to the Prints section. Scroll to the right and you’ll see it:

21. Sheena November 3, 2009 at 6:07 pm

PLEASE….Where can I find those cute little cakes and the personalized napkins and those cute little cards on the candy section..

P.S. and those cute boxes with the polkadots.

thanks in advance

22. jenn s. November 6, 2009 at 7:49 am

Hi Sheena –

Here’s the info I was able to gather from the article on brides.com:

The boxes are from B.T. Elements: – http://www.btelements.com

Napkins by Initial it Yours:

The programs on the candy bar were custom designed for this particular wedding by this company: https://lioninthesunps.com/

Here’s more info on the cakes:

23. asianpersuasion December 10, 2009 at 7:24 pm

i love this! is this a good theme for a sweet 16? i want a Night in Paris/girly sort of theme

24. HWTM: My French-spiration « Papercandee March 8, 2010 at 11:38 pm

[…] have to admit, when I came up with my Parisian passport collection, I was inspired by and drooling over a post at Hostess With the Mostess.  It was a French theme (via Brides.com) with black and white striped […]

25. Nurit April 21, 2010 at 12:55 am

A summer wedding theme can often be combined with a nature theme, giving your reception a warm, outdoorsy feel. Nature themes can range from animal-inspired weddings to beach receptions – it’s up to you! Try using seashells and sand dollars to decorate for a summer beach theme, and serve tropical-colored martinis during the cocktail reception. If you’re going for a more floral summer theme, try pairing your flower arrangements with summery citrus fruits! Yellow, pink, and orange colors will have your guests longing for the sunshine. As a creative summer wedding favor, try setting up a table full of candy jars with small bags for your guests to help themselves as they leave!

26. Sweet Candy Carrie April 29, 2010 at 7:31 am

This is a great idea. Now all the party needs is some EIFFEL bonbon’s! These yummy treats would be a great addition and really goes with the theme and mood of the party!!

27. katy November 7, 2010 at 4:17 pm

OMG!! like like like.!!
    i lovee the colors is a great combination !!

28. Michelle December 20, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Awesome inspiration…Im thinking I can use alot of these ideas for my best friends bachelorette party :)

29. Rimes April 5, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Thank you very much!

This theme is so versatile, that I usedit for my sisters 16th aswell as hen party! Its USP is great and to everyones taste: elegant,sheek and esy to achieve!

30. Entertaining: Make Your Party Personal with Silhouettes « Design Happens July 19, 2011 at 2:14 pm

[…] :: mini cake, […]

31. {hgtv} Add Charm to Your Parties with Silhouettes | The TomKat Studio July 19, 2011 at 3:10 pm

[…] sources :: mini cake, […]

32. […] Hostess with the Mostess featured this truly inspired shoot from Brides. The black and white tablecloths look so chic and […]

33. French Fashion House… « August 3, 2011 at 7:57 am

[…] Chanel logos and purses here in there. I came across this BREATHTAKING French candy party on the Hostess with the Mostess‘ blog, it had been featured on […]

34. AYSHA August 7, 2011 at 2:33 pm

tres tres chick! great job.
    love the whole black white pink combo.

35. […] stylishly modern centerpieces created with mercury glass vases and pink pomanders,surrounded with dollar store black lace tea lights: weddingbee, set a regal tone with a black baroque-inspired invitation suite: kaboodle, less is more with this pale pink and black tablescape with a black cameo motif: martha stewart weddings, style icon kirsten dunst in sofia coppola’s marie-antoinette, a delicate white cake with black lace details on a textured black cake stand makes a dramatically regal statement: real simple, brightly colored macarons in matte black boxes are a fun, french-inspired wedding favor: ladurée, a few gorgeous peonies tied with a simple black and white striped ribbon make a classic “parisian” statement: style me pretty, a black and pink candy bar with a black cameo motif is another inexpensive way to bring the whimsical side of marie-antoinette to your wedding: the hostess blog […]