//, Free Printables, Parties for Girls/Audrey’s Pink Birthday + DIY Bubbles

Audrey’s Pink Birthday + DIY Bubbles

pink first birthday party

Abby from Style Me Pretty recently created the most adorable Pink Birthday Party for her daughter Audrey’s first birthday! From pink balloons & cupcakes to pink margaritas for the adults, you can check out all the pink-a-licious details over at Cookie magazine.

She’s also generously offered to share the DIY tips for these adorable Bubble Tin Favors with us, so read on for all the how-to info, plus a downloadable template for the labels and a few more detail shots from the party!

pink first birthday party

BUBBLE TIN PARTY FAVORS

Materials
6” Tin Cans, found at Specialty Bottle
Craft Sealant (such as Loctite or Amazing Goop) for inside/base of can to help prevent leaking & rusting
Pink Pipe Cleaners, found at Michaels
Bubble Solution, found at iParty
Raffia, found at Michaels
Full Sheet Label Paper, found at Office Depot
Computer / Color Printer
Paper Cutter

Instructions:

1. Treat the inside of the cans with craft sealant to help prevent leaking or rusting.
(Note: This is an update to the instructions as per December 2011 after seeing via the comments that some readers had trouble with leaky cans.)

2. Download and print out the template for the bubble labels and trim just under and above the pink lines (so that the lines show) and horizontally at the end of the pink lines.

3. Adhere to the tins using as light of a tough as possible so you don’t leave fingerprints.

4. To create the pipe cleaner wands, shape the top of the wand into a circle, then twist the end around the handle.

5. Measure your raffia to about 18.” Holding the pipe cleaner in place, wrap the raffia around the wand and the tin, tying in a bow at the front.

6. Fill the tins about 3/4 full with the bubble solution (can be found at party stores).

rainbow-dotted-divider-2

A few more party details are pictured below… I just love the look of these pink drinks with the “YUM!” drink stirrers & pretty straws!

pink first birthday party

pink first birthday party

pink first birthday party

Thanks again to Abby for sharing these lovely details with us!

By |2018-02-12T18:26:45+00:00September 8th, 2009|First Birthday, Free Printables, Parties for Girls|

1. Vicky @ thecitycradle September 8, 2009 at 9:00 am

What a beautiful party. We are doing a balloon theme later this year and I LOVED seeing the picture of the large pink balloons. Well done.

2. Myrna Espronceda September 8, 2009 at 9:12 am

L.O.V.E.D. I.T. !.!.!.!

I just loved all the details…..Congrats! Loved the bubbles….thanks for sharing…..I am going to use it for my wedding!!!

Best regards, from Mexico!

3. Brenda September 8, 2009 at 9:16 am

This idea is really nice.. I love it!!

4. Gabrielle Valentine September 8, 2009 at 9:19 am

I love the petal cupcakes. The pipecleaner bubble wands are unique, too. Great ideas!

5. Ashlie Frederick September 8, 2009 at 9:21 am

Beautiful! I love the pink rose cupcakes.

6. southern hostess September 8, 2009 at 9:32 am

How cute are those bubble tins? And the cupcakes are gorgeous!

7. cara September 8, 2009 at 9:52 am

Oh *this* is *lovely*!! Oooh, I so heart pink, and this is truly delightful.

8. T September 8, 2009 at 10:17 am

Where can I find that cute little cupcake dome tray?

9. celestina ballerina September 8, 2009 at 10:28 am

absolutely adored the bubble tins and wands! gorgeously creative idea!

10. Dina-White Thread September 8, 2009 at 10:48 am

T,
    If you are referring to the glass cloche that that one cupcake is sitting under, you can get them here:
    Enjoy!
    [email protected] Thread

11. abby larson September 8, 2009 at 11:50 am

I got the glass dome at Pottery Barn:) xoxo

12. Leigh Moorhouse September 8, 2009 at 11:51 am

The cupcakes are gorgeous! Always looking for new decor for my cupcakes, I hope to use this one & tell everyone where I saw it first!

13. Lisa September 8, 2009 at 12:04 pm

What a cute party! Love the bubble tins. :)

14. Heidi Snyder September 8, 2009 at 12:43 pm

amazing!!

15. Ellen Collis September 8, 2009 at 1:48 pm

Those cupcakes are precious, and I love the bubble tins—those might be a cool wedding favor??

16. Michele September 8, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Oh my goodness – does it get any sweeter! I wouldn’t change a thing; this is a wonderful party design/layout etc.! Love!

17. Audrey H. September 8, 2009 at 4:01 pm

this is a cute “pink” party!! i’m curious to know what the water balloons were for?

18. Abby Larson September 8, 2009 at 4:59 pm

I really wanted to have a balloon toss but my seven year old nephew couldn’t contain his excitement and wanted to just throw them. So, I told the kids to have at it. They basically just threw them up in the air to watch them splatter…they loved every minute of it!

19. sausha September 8, 2009 at 6:10 pm

I love the water balloons. I love your site!

20. Diana {The Princess Escapades} September 8, 2009 at 7:29 pm

Unbelievable! What an inspiration. :)

21. caos September 8, 2009 at 7:49 pm

the pink drserts abd marshmellow pops fab. great jdea

22. Alexis September 8, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Darling! What great details…it is killing me…what is in the white goodie bags?

23. gabriel September 9, 2009 at 2:11 am

they look tasty and awesome. Pink color added makes it more beautiful

24. Neelam September 9, 2009 at 5:04 am

Love this!! It’s my favourite so far! These are great ideas! The cupcakes are gorgeous!

25. Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog September 9, 2009 at 7:33 am

What a cute party! Honestly, I would love to have had that for myself :).

26. Down Pillow September 9, 2009 at 8:27 pm

So many adorable details :) I would never have thought of making my own bubbles – fun idea.

27. Favorsforu September 10, 2009 at 5:44 am

I love it! Great job!

28. Wedding Chic September 10, 2009 at 12:10 pm

What a stunning party, I jsut love all these little details, the rose fairy cakes and the bubbles so sweet !

29. Marian September 10, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Oh… love it! Great pics!
    I really like how the buttercream was piped to look like roses on the cupcakes – nice touch!

30. Julianne September 11, 2009 at 7:03 am

That looks like an awesome birthday party, with fabulous details. I love the water balloons and the beautiful cupcakes!

31. Paul September 13, 2009 at 3:36 pm

If anyone was curious the photography is from Paul and Krystal of Studio Foto. The party was a lot of fun and little Audrey LOVED the cupcakes:)

32. Jennifer September 14, 2009 at 3:06 pm

What did you do for invitations? Really Curious. THANKS

33. Jennifer September 14, 2009 at 7:25 pm

What did you put on table – tablecloth or runner? And how did you print sign for water balloons and drink stirrers?
    Love this!!!

34. Amanda Svenby September 16, 2009 at 10:08 am

LOVE it!

35. Melissa Garza-Allen September 16, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Pipe cleaner wands…brilliant!! Thank you for sharing.

36. Angie September 17, 2009 at 12:09 pm

I love the homemade bubbles. They would be great for wedding favours. So much more unique than the typical small plastic bottle. The labels could be made with pictures of the bride and groom.

37. candicita October 13, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Does anyone know the balloon’s size??….Are they 36″??…Thank You

38. Nona November 3, 2009 at 8:00 pm

Do the pipe cleaners really work for the bubbles? I tried it and I can’t seem to form the bubbles in the wand–solution just sticks to chenelle?

39. jenn s. November 4, 2009 at 12:38 pm

HI Candice –

Yes – the balloons are 36″. Nona – I’m not sure about the pipe cleaners since I haven’t tried it myself, but I’ll ask Abby about it for you. stay tuned!

40. Andrea January 23, 2010 at 12:58 am

Hi,

I am making these favors for my daughters bday but I am worried because the pipes don’t work, no bubbles are coming out. Am I doing something wrong?? Did anyone have this problem??

Thanks

Andrea

41. Katie January 27, 2010 at 9:40 am

I am going to try and be a copycat! My question is, what was in the goodie bags??? AND, what other recommendations might you have on how to pull this off??

42. jenn s. January 27, 2010 at 10:30 am

Hi Katie –

The goodie bags were filled with homemade chocolate chip cookies… and you can get all the details on the rest of this party over at Cookie Magazine and Style Me Pretty – here are the direct links:

Good luck! :)

43. pam February 8, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Hi! Could i know how did u make pink drink? …. they look amazing !!!

44. […] dress up those bubbles!  (I love this inspiration from Abby of Style Me Pretty daughter’s birthday party) Custom labels or ribbons will do the […]

45. Catherine May 14, 2010 at 5:07 pm

What a great party! I am planning my granddaughter’s first birthday and wondering where the swizzlers came from. Did you make them or can you tell me where I could order? Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas.

CG

46. Jenn @ HWTM May 18, 2010 at 9:36 am

Hi Catherine –
    Abby actually made the bubble wands herself using pink pipe cleaners :)

(See full tutorial near the bottom of the post for more details!)

47. Catherine May 19, 2010 at 9:42 am

Where did the pink YUM! sticks come from?

48. Jenn @ HWTM May 21, 2010 at 10:46 am

Catherine –
    The stir sticks are a DIY project from Style Me Pretty! Here’s the link:

49. Erica June 23, 2010 at 8:33 am

Abby,
    Thank you for sharing, my little one turns one this september and I plan on using some of your great ideas!! Just beautiful……would you be able to share what time of day you had your party and what else you served your guests as way of food? I can’t get the story from Cookie anymore, as it’s been awhile…..thank you!

50. Vanessa July 16, 2010 at 1:25 am

HOW PRETTY
    yuummm i love cupcakes…
    Love the pictures so bright and tasty :-)

51. Amy @ BlowoutParty July 29, 2010 at 7:39 am

Adorable! Love the drinks, cupcakes, and bubbles!

52. Luciana Svilpa August 16, 2010 at 1:36 pm

*sigh* Ladies, I have something to say about the tins. I followed the instructions, bought the same tins and made my own bubble solution – BTW the pipe cleaners worked perfectly when you use a strong homemade solution (I chose one from the internet and got big bubbles, a lot of fun!).
    However – the tins LEAK. I filled then up the night before my son’s first birthday and left them on the console table together with my other favors – CDs in a nice red envelope. The morning after, the horror! 19 of the 20 evelopes were soaked and destroyed, I managed to save one and took a picture of it. I was so upset because I had no idea the tins were not water tight. Please, comment that on the post. After what happened my husband said that we could have used wax, or something like this to make it water tight, but it was too late for us. You can see my pictures at They look awesome, but I couldnt give out the soap bubbles to the kids or the cds to the adults.. The idea is beautiful though, just make sure you test it before! Luciana Svilpa

53. Let’s Party | Where My Heart Is November 11, 2010 at 7:07 pm

[…] Photo from Style Me Pretty via Hostess with the Mostess […]

54. Sugar Rush » A boy and his phone: Malcolm’s 4th Birthday Party»Sugar Rush March 9, 2011 at 11:37 am

[…] guests went home with DIY bubbles I first saw In a HWTM post with DIY instructions provided by Abby from Style Me […]

55. tina March 16, 2011 at 8:54 pm

very cute party

56. […] Hostess Blog – DIY Bubbles Every kid loves bubbles and these DIY canisters gives them a personal spin. You can print out […]

57. […] Bouquet | Cake and DIY Yarn Poofs | Bridesmaid Dress | Centerpieces | Cocktails | Place Setting | Shoes | Wedding […]

58. The Opened Envelope | Blog August 1, 2011 at 7:33 pm

[…] If your daughter loves the color pink, then this board and the accompanying invite are for you. We created these adorable Balloon Time invitations for a sweet six year old for her desired pink birthday party! From pink balloons & cupcakes to pink margaritas for the adults, you can check out all the pink-a-licious details at hostessblog. […]

59. Best of the Best: Wedding Favors | The Secret Life of Invites September 28, 2011 at 11:19 am

[…] Ruche Blog/ Birdseed: Nature Favor Co./ Plants: Elizabeth Anne Designs/ Bubbles: Hostess with the Mostess/ Biscuits:  Martha Stewart Weddings/ Donut Hole favors: Ruffled Blog /In lieu of favors: Ever Ours […]

60. Stacy November 3, 2011 at 1:14 pm

DO NOT BUY TINS FROM SPECIALTY BOTTLES for this purpose!!!! 75% of the tins are leaking and rusting 3 days after putting the bubble solution in! My client had me recreate these for her wedding and it is an expensive disaster if you use these tins. The company is NOT working with me on expediting new tins. They won’t be here in time.

61. Jennifer December 3, 2011 at 9:45 pm

The party turned out awesome! If I can ask a question, the “tin cans” that you used for the bubbles, I went on the website and can not find them. Can You help me??? Thanks so much!

• jenn s. December 4, 2011 at 6:27 am

Hi Jennifer – Looks like the link is different on the site for some reason, so I just updated it in the post. You can find them here: 6” Tin Cans

Also – I’m just now seeing that some people are having trouble with these cans leaking, so I’d suggest trying to add some silicone craft sealant to the inside and base of the cans before filling them with bubble solution. Since this was a guest DIY feature I haven’t tried them out myself, but after reading some of the comments I think I’ll order some and test them out with the silicone sealant too! Here are a couple options I found online, but I’m sure they carry them at craft stores too: Eclectic Amazing Goop or Loctite Clear Silicone Sealant

62. Jennifer December 4, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Thank you SO much for replying back to me! I SO appreciate your time responding to me! Thanks again!

63. […] keep the kids busy, we had bubbles out (inspiration) and gave everyone goodie bags with toys inside!  The goodie bags were simple white bags from […]

64. The Eco-friendly Kiddie Birthday Bash Guide – Part 3 – Cake and Goodie Bags @ Little Green Dot January 10, 2012 at 6:42 am

[…] source: 1 Posted by militza | 0 comments Click here to cancel […]

65. Meghan Lowry January 16, 2012 at 6:10 pm

I love this and I plan to make them for my daughters birthday. I tried downloading the label template and it opens as an Adobe read only file and I can’t customize it. Is there any way I could get the template so that I can customize it with our party info? I do have photoshop. If you need my info so you can make it and then send me the read only file, I’m totally cool with that. I understand the need to keep your own creations in-house. Thanks for your help!
    Meg

• jenn s. January 17, 2012 at 10:14 am

Hi Meghan –
      Since Style Me Pretty originally created these labels, we only have access to the PDF file that you downloaded and not the original native file. However, you should be able to open pdfs in photoshop and type over certain elements in new layers, so you might try customizing them that way. Sorry I can’t be of more help!

66. DIY: Wedding Party Favors- Bubble Tins Party Favors | My Blog January 24, 2012 at 1:09 am

[…] you could totally customize them to fit your own wedding theme. Instructions available at Hostess with the Mostess. Image courtesy of Hostess with the Mostess Posted inInspire Me Bride- Bridal […]

67. Blow Bubbles On Your Wedding Day! January 25, 2012 at 4:50 am

[…] Via HostessBlog […]

68. Stylish Wedding Send-Offs | MIRIAM CORONA EVENTS February 9, 2012 at 8:03 am

[…] bubbles // ribbon wands // confetti // fireworks // sparkler cards and matching matches // wedding bells // […]

69. "Tangled" party: Londyn is 3! | Chickabug February 14, 2012 at 10:57 am

[…] How precious are these party favors! Genie packaged bubble solution into tea tin containers, wrapped each tin in scrapbooking paper, then added free printable circles that I designed. The “bubbles” card is also a free printable – it’s available at Hostess with the Mostess. […]

70. Kate February 16, 2012 at 12:10 pm

So pretty! It makes me want to host (or attend) a pink party :)

71. […] guests will really love? BUBBLES! I got this idea from Abby Larson of Style Me Pretty. See her feature on Hostess With The Mostess here where she created these bubble favors for her daughter’s birthday party one year. I […]

72. Mommy Jes March 27, 2012 at 11:51 am

nice! i love them all!! i love parties! actually my forte are balloons :) i admire your work here!! nice! :)

73. […] Hostess with the Mostest […]

74. Pink & Gold Wedding Inspiration | Sparkle & Swish May 21, 2012 at 1:02 am

[…] Wedding Shoes // Gold cake photo from Vicky Starz via Style Me Pretty // DIY bubble favours via Hostess With The Mostess // Cupcake photo from Lee Bird via Amy Atlas // Wedding party photo from Steven Michael via Ruffled […]

75. Inspiración para una fiesta temática | Ahora soy mamá June 7, 2012 at 5:19 pm

[…] a hacer la compra para dar con esos botes, pero no conseguí encontrarlos. Finalmente descubrí en este tutorial que son tarros de té de venta nada menos que en […]

76. […] and matching outfits for the birthday girl and boy – Detailed pinwheel cookies on a stick – DIY Bubbles courtesy of HWTM – Simple, yet sweet Pinwheel Girl and Boy Cake Smash Cakes – Stylish Pinwheel […]

77. DIY Party Favor Ideas | June 10, 2012 at 11:19 am

[…] Our Excitement is Bubbling Over via […]

78. Being The Bachelorette June 21, 2012 at 6:58 am

[…] {row 1} Mini champagne bottles, Pink tissue flowers, Ombre ruffle cake {row 2} Pink table setting, Bubble containers, Corset cookies {row 3} Pink margarita, Are You Ready to Party photo, Sweet Stuff […]

79. Pink bubbles « Colourfull ink June 22, 2012 at 3:15 am

[…] efter vielsen er det en god ide selv at medbringe og uddele boblerne til gæsterne. Du finder her en DIY på disse super fine sæbeboblebøtter. Jeg synes også at de vil være helt perfekte til en […]

80. Pink bubbles « Colourfull ink June 22, 2012 at 3:22 am

[…] efter vielsen, er det en god idé selv at medbringe og uddele boblerne til gæsterne. Du finder her en DIY på disse super fine sæbeboblebøtter. Jeg synes også, at de vil være helt perfekte til […]

81. […] Audrey’s 1st birthday (and here and here). We debuted it here on SMP and over on the Hostess Blog with fun DIY projects sprinkled in for good measure. We determined early on that Audrey was […]

82. a nautical birthday shopping guide | Paige Simple {Stationery & Events} August 23, 2012 at 1:08 pm

[…] BUBBLES – The bubbles were inspired by a blog post I saw on Hostess With The Mostess.  There are instructions on how to create your own here. […]

83. The DIY Bride: Party Favors @ The Posh Bridal Lounge September 20, 2012 at 3:21 pm

[…]  I love these bubble tins! These were used for a girl’s birthday, but they would be perfect to …. […]

84. […] {Kids Parties} Left – The Party Dress | Center – Pocketful of Poppies | Right – Hostess with the Mostess […]

85. Customized Bubbles – First Birthday Party « modernsoiree November 15, 2012 at 11:38 am

[…] Hostess with the Mostess Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this. Bookmark the permalink. […]

86. Summer Wedding Favors | Cubic Vows November 18, 2012 at 6:06 pm

[…] and they can work well for both children’s parties and for fancy weddings. Check out hwtm for Audrey’s DIY tutorial and for printable templates. This entry was posted in Wedding […]

87. Inspiration: LIttle Gems of Clever | Gorgeousosity November 22, 2012 at 1:04 pm

[…] blog.hwtm.com via Gorgeousosity on […]

88. DIY roundup for wedding exit props January 25, 2013 at 3:12 am

[…] Bubble tin favors, including printables, from Abby Larson via Hostess with the Mostess. Two: Bubbles in a jar with skeleton keys, from Emmaline Bride. Three: Festive bubbles in console […]

89. Dishie Rentals » Blog Archive » Pink Birthday Party Inspiration February 1, 2013 at 4:02 am

[…] / balloons / cupcakes / big balloons / streamers / decor / cake / table / candy / cupcakes / […]

90. Throwing an OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL party? Check out these awesome ideas! | Bella SavvyBella Savvy February 27, 2013 at 5:34 pm

[…] DIY BUBBLES […]

91. […] Photo from HWTM […]

92. […] I always say, “use what you have” and Kristen already owned a collection of red outdoor partyware, so she decided that red had to be incorporated into this party. The whale inspiration came from a Pottery Barn Kids bedding collection. The stripe, gingham and polka dot patterns were inspired by pennant bunting from Etsy. Many other details were found on Pinterest! (For example, the homemade bubble containers that were originally posted by Hostess with the Mostess here.) […]

93. PC9 Top 5: Summer Send-offs | Pink Cloud 9 Weddings Blog August 9, 2013 at 6:04 pm

[…] the guests can take them home after as a favor. Check out the tutorial for the tins pictured above here. (photo credits, left to right: Kahwink Khronicles, Hostess with the […]

94. michelle August 20, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Hello ladies, has anyone tried the bubbles in a tin using the sealant idea yet? I would like to see if anyone succeeded before buying the tins. Thanks!!

95. […] Source […]

96. […] DIY Wedding Favors {Bubble Tins} at Hostess with the Mostess […]

97. […] Table: Chelsea Brown Photography via Love & Lavender, Bubbles: Hostess with The Mostess, Table Setting: Rebecca Arthurs Photography via SMP, Table Decor: AK Studio Design via Wedding […]

98. 20 Simple and Cute DIY Decorations for Your Next Awesome Party |DIYManiac May 23, 2014 at 8:57 am

[…] Source: blog.hwtm.com […]

99. Hot pink wedding ideas | In White May 24, 2014 at 11:05 am

[…] source picture […]

100. […] left: bubble decor, DIY bubble tin favors, bubble lollipops, bubble […]

101. Wedding Inspiration: Little Gems of Cleverness | Gems of Gorgeousness May 17, 2015 at 11:08 pm

[…] blog.hwtm.com via Gorgeousosity on […]

102. […] What kid doesn’t like bubble. Cute bubble tin favors are perfect for kids who will be little guests on the wedding day. See tutorial and free printable labels here […]

103. […] What kid doesn’t like bubble. Cute bubble tin favors are perfect for kids who will be little guests on the wedding day. See tutorial and free printable labels here […]

104. Alicia December 30, 2015 at 12:15 am

Hi! May I ask where you got the tin cans for the bubbles that’s displayed in the picture? I ordered the tin cans from the Specialty bottle link that you provided. I was aware they were 6 inches but when they arrived, the cans were much bigger than I expected for what was shown in the pictures.