/////REAL PARTIES: “Mr. Man” Birthday

REAL PARTIES: “Mr. Man” Birthday

Mr. Man Birthday Party - boy and adult

Today’s Real Party feature has got to be one of the cutest and most creative ideas I’ve stumbled upon in a while!  This adorable “Mr. Man” Theme was created by Christina Brian of the Full House blog in order to celebrate the birthdays of her (super-cute) TRIPLET boys AND her brother! (Side note Christina has twin girls too!)

From a garland of ties to hilarious chocolate mustaches, this party is full of great inspiration for both birthday parties of all ages and boy baby showers…

Mr. Man Birthday Party - boy and adult

Check out these fun pics – such a great idea for photo opps!

Mr. Man Birthday Party - boy and adult

Read on for lots more pics & all the details, as told by Christina…

rainbow-dotted-divider-2

“So the Mr. Man party was so much fun. The welcome sign read, “Come One, Come All or just COMB over (get it!)…..MR. MAN PARTY “featuring” ANDREW & The BOYS“.

Mr. Man Birthday Party - boy and adult

Yes my brother was so kind to share his birthday with my boys in which I am very grateful for….like he really had a choice in the matter! =)

This birthday meant that my boys were kind of a coming of age. When you hit 2 years old you’re kind of not a baby anymore so I had been a little sad to see this day come. That’s where the whole idea started unfolding in my head for a “Mr. Man Party”. If you can’t beat ’em join ’em.

Seriously it won’t be to long before they are wearing ties and carrying briefcases but hopefully not mustaches (unless they are chocolate ones on a stick). I promise to savor every last minute of these little tikes.

Mr. Man Birthday Party - boy and adult

The cookies, especially the tie ones were so cute & tasty. Michelle makes very cute cakes as well…check her out.

Mr. Man Birthday Party - boy and adult

The cupcakes were awesome because one of my favorite people came over and made them for me the day before the party. My Dad loved them so much that he even asked for the recipe. Perhaps I’ll post the recipe because they are sure to trick the pickiest of eaters. On second thought, I don’t know if I should because then my Dad would find out they were actually healthy & wouldn’t eat them again. They were made with agave nectar, whole grain spelt flour, coconut oil, pineapple and carrots.

Mr. Man Birthday Party - boy and adult

Mr. Man Birthday Party - boy and adult

The chocolate mustaches were a hit!

Mr. Man Birthday Party - boy and adult

My Mom made the shirts (pictured below). The front had old ties sewed on with the back having their initial embroidered on it. Thank you Momma, they were perfect.

Mr. Man Birthday Party - boy and adult

Don’t worry my brother got one too, except his said “The original Mr. Man” on the back. We really did call him Mr. Man when he was a little boy so it was very fitting!”

Mr. Man Birthday Party - boy and adult

So cute, Christina – thanks again for sharing!

By |2017-05-03T11:50:35+00:00November 16th, 2009|Kids Birthday, Parties for Boys|

1. Tori {Thoughtfully Simple} November 16, 2009 at 11:19 am

This is SO clever! I have two girls, but am loving this theme– so darn adorable! What a unique way to celebrate both younger “men” and all grown up ones! Great job Christina!

2. candice November 16, 2009 at 11:22 am

This party idea is GREAT!…..love everything……my boy is turning 2 next month, I would’ve loved to use this idea…..anyway I am using other great theme party idea I found here COOKIE MONSTER!……..my son loves the blue monster and cookies!!

3. Mandie November 16, 2009 at 11:27 am

OMG! The shirts with the ties sewed on are ADORABLE! And I am loving the Mr. Man birthday theme. Very clever! Finally something exclusively for boys.

4. Erin November 16, 2009 at 11:15 am

Christina= clever! Love the chocolate mustache pops. Tasty and useful as a photo prop. As you mentioned it would make a cute shower theme for a baby boy too.

5. Tiffany Lachelle November 16, 2009 at 12:07 pm

This was just too cute for words!!! Luv Luv Luv this idea and loooks like a great time

6. Ivy Colon November 16, 2009 at 1:31 pm

Adorable! Love all of the ideas.. u so clever! :)

7. [email protected] November 16, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaay, this is one of my favorite parties in all of the internet land. So glad to see it here.

8. Zazoo November 16, 2009 at 2:43 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is Christina for real? One word…SUPERSTAR!

9. Mandy November 16, 2009 at 3:18 pm

Oh wow I bet that was a fun party!!!! Love the chocolate mustache suckers.

10. kellie @ this blessed nest November 16, 2009 at 2:23 pm

the creativity from “Mrs. Full House” is A-MAZ-ING!!! she is full of ideas, wit, & wisdom. LOVE her blog.

11. Casey November 16, 2009 at 8:38 pm

so sweet!

12. Lollipop Events & Designs November 17, 2009 at 9:34 am

Such a cute idea!

13. michelle November 17, 2009 at 11:13 am

how adraoble, I love it! Especially the chocolate mustaches.

14. Jamie Lehr November 17, 2009 at 1:44 pm

What a creative theme! The chocolate mustaches really made it! It is fun to see an out of the box party theme now and again!

15. Heather November 17, 2009 at 3:01 pm

L O V E this! So creative and fun.

16. Natalie November 17, 2009 at 5:52 pm

I am filing this one away for sure! I love that tie garland. I’m going to start hitting the thrift stores to collect ties.

17. Diapers and Divas November 18, 2009 at 10:39 am

Oh my god this is awesome! I love love love it! The chocolate mustache is the icing on the cake. Great job and so so so creative!

18. candice November 18, 2009 at 3:26 pm

Hello……Does anyone have an idea what did she used behind the tie garland (white and yellow stripes)…..I am looking for someting like that to use as a wall for my son’s birthday party….thank you

19. alice November 18, 2009 at 10:59 pm

where do you buy the chocolate mustaches?

20. Christina November 19, 2009 at 4:28 pm

Oh wow what nice comments, thank you!

Candice – the thing behind the ties is actually butcher paper that I painted in white and orange stripes.

Alice – The supplies to make the chocolate mustaches are from:

There is actually a mustache sucker mold on the site.

21. Shawna -Trio Events November 22, 2009 at 10:09 am

Love This! Where did you find the chalkboard? I have been looking everywhere for something in a smaller version.

22. Mrs. R November 24, 2009 at 8:56 am

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!

23. Emily January 7, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Wow….sooooooo cute! The tie shaped cookies are a hoot!

24. Sabrina January 13, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Wow! I absolutely love the idea of having a mr. man birthday party. I love the chocolate mustaches.

25. Brittany January 26, 2010 at 6:56 pm

i LOVE this idea! my husband is turning 30 around the same time my son turns 2 this spring so this would be perfect!! thanks for the great ideas!

26. Melissa February 2, 2010 at 1:45 pm

I have a set of boy/girl twins. So cute to add a girly, Little Priss twist to it as well with tutus, bows and flowers. This is the cutest idea!!!!!

27. Misty May 18, 2010 at 9:12 am

I love this!! Love the ties with the photos!! Awesome!!!

28. Amber May 21, 2010 at 8:17 pm

i am totally going to use this idea for my babys 1st birthday party! i call him MR. GRIFFIN all the time… or just mister! I think it will be perfect! awesome idea! :)

29. Ashley Stuart July 6, 2010 at 9:26 pm

I love the mr. man birthday idea, you really did an amazing job! how did you make the napkins though? did you draw the neckties on or are they printed somehow?

30. Sunday Afternoon Housewife » Blog Archive » Football Craft Saturday August 26, 2010 at 2:32 pm

[…] It’s a blog called Hostess with the Mostess and it looks pretty great overall (hello!  chocolate mustache lollipops), but these cupcakes alone are pretty amazing. My favorite is the Football Cupcake. It’s […]

31. Little Man Turned One | accordingtocarey.com January 8, 2011 at 7:34 pm

[…] what lead us to this article: Mr. Man Party from Hostess with the Mostess. I am going to do a little shameless name dropping here. The Hostess with the Mostess website is […]

32. Mary March 2, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Wow, this is such a creative idea! I love it! So hard to find good boy-themed parties that aren’t character parties. Thanks for sharing; I will definitely be using this idea in the future!!!

33. carley May 14, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I am so excited to find this blog! I wanted to have a “big boy” birthday party for my soon to be three year old….i searched chocolate mustache and paper ties….and this is what came up!! I knew this had to have been done before!! Awesome blog!!!

34. Jenny Williams June 6, 2011 at 10:44 am

I LOVE THIS! I’ve been brainstorming trying to figure out what I want to do for my son, Ryder’s, 2nd birthday party this November, and I think I just found it! I’m doing a photoshoot of him in a few weeks and am making him a mustache shirt. Funny that you used the mustache pops- the pics I’m taking will be perfect to display at the party!

35. Nicole June 27, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Where are the napkins from?