For all the Harry Potter fans out there – or parents of fans looking to throw a themed birthday bash for your little ones – I wanted to share some of the 12 Harry Potter Birthday Party Ideas that I recently worked on for iVillage.com, which include everything from themed food & drinks to favors & activities!
You can find all the how-to info on each project over at iVillage, and detailed images of the first 6 projects in this post. (Part 2 with images of the next 6 projects will be posted on Monday.) Here goes…
PARTY PROJECTS 1-6:
1. Quidditch-Inspired Party Favors – inspired by Martha Stewart’s Halloween Witch Brooms – but this “Harry Potter” version features edible pretzel rod broomsticks, gold ribbon accents (to mimic the gold detailing on the Quidditch brooms), and is filled with “Honeyduke’s Special Wizard’s Treat Mix” (pictured below).
2. Magic Color-Changing Drinks (pictured above)
3. Honeyduke’s Special Wizard’s Treat Mix – featuring edible Honey Nut Chex Mix, Gryffindor-inspired burgundy and gold M&M’s, and novelty gummy candies like spiders, frogs and worms + a free downloadable treat sign:
4. Potion Jar Centerpieces – featuring magical (and mostly creepy!) ingredients from the series like Bloodworms (spaghetti with marinara), Gillyweed (backyard weeds in green-tinted water) and Hippogriff Gizzards (canned oysters) + free downloadable jar labels (jars purchased at Ikea)
6. Transfiguration Booth – a themed DIY Photo Booth / fun dress-up activity!
Stay tuned for Part 2: Projects 6-12, coming soon!