////DIY: Chalkboard Embroidery Hoop Signs

DIY: Chalkboard Embroidery Hoop Signs

DIY Chalkboard Embroidery Hoop Signs

Hello! My name is Linda with burlap+blue, and I am honored to be here today sharing one of my latest DIY projects with you all!

Fun, stylish and functional, chalkboard embroidery hoops are perfect for saying hello, displaying a favorite quote or verse, or writing out a love note to a special someone.

DIY Chalkboard Embroidery Hoop Signs

Want to make one yourself? Here’s the how-to:

Materials Needed:
– chalkboard fabric/vinyl
– embroidery hoops
– chalk
– scissors

DIY Chalkboard Embroidery Hoop Signs

Step One: First, you need to prime your chalkboard vinyl. You do this by taking a piece of chalk and rubbing it lengthwise across your fabric. Wipe off with a dry cloth, then a wet cloth to remove chalk residue.

DIY Chalkboard Embroidery Hoop Signs

Step Two: Cut out a piece of fabric slightly larger than your hoop. Unscrew hoop, place fabric in center, pull fabric taut and tighten. Chalkboard vinyl is a bit on the stiff side, so this step can be a little tricky.

DIY Chalkboard Embroidery Hoop Signs

And you are done! I used mine on to label treats on a dessert bar, but the possibilities are endless.

DIY Chalkboard Embroidery Hoop Signs

DIY Chalkboard Embroidery Hoop Signs

And to thank you for letting me visit with you all today, I am offering Hostess with the Mostess readers a 20% discount in my Etsy shop: burlap+blue. Just use the code “hostessblog” for 20% off your entire purchase. Offer good through next Friday, April 29th 2011.

DIY Chalkboard Embroidery Hoop Signs

*****

P.S. For more fabulous DIY Tutorials – including one on How To Turn Plates Into Clocks! – visit burlapandblue.com.

By |2016-12-25T10:26:08+00:00April 22nd, 2011|Free Printables|

1. Susan April 22, 2011 at 7:15 am

This is such a cute idea! I’m definitely going to do this for a ranch house inspired baby shower that I’m working on! Thanks!

2. Rowaida Flayhan April 22, 2011 at 7:22 am

love this idea so inspiring. Wish you a blessed and wonderful Easter Jenna and a great weekend xo

3. HiLLjO April 22, 2011 at 8:13 am

Had I seen this 3 days ago, I’d have made these instead of photo frame chalkboard signs. This is AWESOME Jenn!

4. Jenn from Much to My Delight April 22, 2011 at 8:45 am

I LOVE this idea! I have had a can of chalkboard paint sitting in my cabinet for eons, and now I think I know what to do with it. So, so cute.

5. Forever Lovely April 22, 2011 at 9:49 am

These are fabulous! I never knew you could make these with vinyl. Very creative and lovely!-Forever Lovely http://foreverlovelydesign.blogspot.com/

6. Fifthroom Living April 22, 2011 at 10:13 am

I love this idea! It would be great in a nursery or children’s bedroom, don’t you think? The obvious, of course, would be in a craft studio though!

hazel
    Fifthroom Living

7. Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor April 22, 2011 at 11:14 am

OMG I had no idea there was such thing as Chalkboard Vinyl! That is really cool. Now I know what to do with all those embroidery hoops my my just gave me, after cleaning out her sewing room!

8. Sandra @ ribbonsandfavor.com April 22, 2011 at 6:58 pm

These are so darn cute!!! Thanks for yet another new and great idea.

9. Rock Paper Scissors April 22, 2011 at 9:56 pm

A perfect treat to make for my nieces rather then bringing candy on Sunday!!!

10. Jess April 23, 2011 at 12:51 am

Super cute and creative. I love them, chalkboard vinyl might be my new best friend.

11. Kelli @ herestoyouweddingsandevents.com April 23, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Absolutely adorable and ever so creative! Love this idea!

12. bettijo @ Paging Supermom April 29, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Where do you get the chalkboard vinyl??

13. Rosana Farias July 18, 2011 at 8:48 am

Amei tudo, congratulacions!!!!!

14. Jen September 15, 2011 at 10:03 am

Brilliant!

15. kerimarie February 28, 2012 at 7:30 am

What kind of chalk do you use to get that painted look? I’ve made them, and have used regular chalk – but your lettering is so bright so I feel like I’m missing something here! Thanks.

16. plinley0 March 20, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Such a great idea and so cute. However, I was wondering if you could take just a regular piece of fabric and paint with chalkboard spray paint. Would it have the same result?
    I think I will experiment.

17. heidy October 26, 2012 at 8:09 am

hi, just wondering what kind of chalk you are using? such a cute idea, I love it.

18. Katie @ Upcycled Treasures July 26, 2013 at 1:17 pm

These are adorable! I just featured them in my chalkboard project roundup :) Have a great weekend!

~Katie @ Upcycled Treasures