Looking for that eerie glow to help make your Halloween Party really spooky? Abigail of Paper & Cake has a delightfully EASY Halloween Paper Lanterns Tutorial to share with us today! All the elements in this project are customizable, so you can use any patterned paper you like + add your own embellishments like stickers & glitter.
BY THE WAY…
Abigail is a finalist in the Martha Stewart American Made Awards! Not only is this an amazing honor – but it’s so well deserved! If you have an extra minute to help a fellow hostess out, please go here to cast your vote & support her. That would be the perfect way to thank her for all her donated work for Operation Shower… or for sharing this tutorial! ;) The voting for the contest ends on the 24th (and you can vote once a day). Good luck, Abigail! And now onto the paper lantern instructions…
HALLOWEEN PAPER LANTERN – A DIY TUTORIAL
By: Abigail Barnes of Paper & Cake
– Halloween Paper Lantern template
– Scissors or Exacto Knife
– Scoring tool (not necessary, but recommended)
– Double Sided Tape
– Plastic Tea Light (DO NOT use real flame)
– String or Yarn
– Hole Punch
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Score on the dotted lines to allow easy folding once cut out. Next, cut along all solid lines. This will give you two separate shapes: the walls, and the roof of the lantern.
2. Fold along all scored/dotted lines. The lantern will start to take its shape at this point.
3. Use double sided tape on extra edge of the lantern walls. Adhere to the opposite end to make a box shape. Tuck in bottom of box. Still using the double sided tape, adhere small triangular edges to the sides of the lantern roof to give it its final shape.
4. Hole Punch on designated dots on both the walls and roof of the lantern.
5. Place tea light in the bottom of the lantern. Using string or yarn of your choice, insert through holes and tie inside of lantern.
Use as decoration or spooky halloween lighting!