When Glad® asked me to be their December blogger for Mom Made and come up with a winter recipe utilizing their versatile containers, I thought it would be fun to create some cool Arctic Shark Glaciers! This a quick, fun project to make for a kids party or play date – and easy enough for the little ones to help.
All you need are gummy sharks and 2 different sizes of Glad containers to make creative “glaciers” with sharks suspended inside! These are great for dressing up a big bowl of Blue Raspberry Punch (recipe below) or your favorite blue sports drink or koolaid. The largest glaciers will stay as a mass for well over an hour, but the little ones melt faster, so make sure to drop them into the punch bowl close to serving time. You can also pre-fill punch glasses with a single shark for extra cute presentation. I know… I just said “cute” and “shark” in the same sentence. ;)
ARCTIC SHARK GLACIERS
- Small Glad® containers (I used the Mini Round and To Go Lunch sizes)
- Water or blue drink of choice
- Gummy Sharks
- Access to a freezer
1. For the small Mini Rounds, place one gummy shark in each container, then fill them nearly to the top with water or your favorite blue drink. Let little pieces of the shark peek over the edge. For the larger container(s) use several gummy sharks.
2. Place containers in freezer.
3. Once frozen solid, pop the glaciers out of the containers and float them in a big bowls of sparkling blue punch. You can run a little warm water over the outside of the container if necessary to help loosen the “glacier”.
BLUE RASPBERRY PUNCH
Recipe makes 24 servings
- 1 package blue, berry flavored unsweetened drink mix, like Kool-aid (0.13 ounce)
- 1 bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage (2 liter)
- 1 bottle white cranberry juice (64 fluid ounce)
- 1 cup white sugar or to taste
In a large punch bowl, stir together the drink mix, lemon-lime soda and white cranberry juice. Taste, and stir in sugar to your liking. Add Artic Shark Glaciers to keep the punch cold!
See more of my “Glad Ideas For Moms By Moms” goodies (including Mini “Stained Glass Jello Igloos” to serve with Eskimo cookies!) on the Glad Website and Facebook Page!