What’s covered in buralp, dipped in butter yellow and buzzing all over? This “Bee Thankful” Themed Thanksgiving by Jamee of Setting the Mood! It will bee sure to attract your sweet tooth and give you the crafting bug with her creative treat styling and packing supply material ideas! (P.S. This is great inspiration for bee themed baby showers and birthday parties too!)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Fabulous “honeycomb” backdrop created from cardboard and octagon craft boxes & lids
– Beehive cake pops and caramel apples displayed on a honeycomb sheet
– Burlap wrapped containers filled with candy & kettle corn in honeycomb textured cones
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jamee…
Since this table is for Thanksgiving I chose a more rustic and natural feel rather than the bright yellow and black often seen in a “bee” theme. The color concept is brown, burlap and butter yellow. The honeycomb backdrop was crafted from a 8’ sheet of cardboard and octagon craft boxes and lids.
The honeycomb sheet that the caramel apples sat atop was actually a packaging discovery. This was a “spacer” between two stacks of fragile candy that was shipped to me. I peeled the paper away from the top of the sheet and found this honeycomb type pattern underneath. It took quite a while to peel away the paper but once I got all of the paper off, I spray painted it yellow and used it as a tray for the apples.
Other sweet treats featured were mini pumpkin pies, mini cinnamon buns, two bite salted caramel cuppies, cinnamon sugar kettle popcorn in honeycomb cones and bee hive cake pops and Oreo dusted pops.
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Design & Styling, Bee Thankful Sign: Jamee Bryant of Setting the Mood
– Photography: Rachel Richard Photography
– Bee Hive Cake Pops & Oreo Pops: Starla Portell
– Dark Brown Burlap & honeycomb scrapbook paper: Hobby Lobby
– Octagon Craft Boxes, honey dippers: Save on Crafts
–Yellow and Brown Candy: Candy Warehouse
– Be Thankful Muslin bags: Michaels Arts & Crafts