HWTM > DIY & Printables > Free Printables > DIY Tutorial: Wooden Peg Fairy Dolls

DIY Tutorial: Wooden Peg Fairy Dolls

wooden peg fairy doll

Didn’t you just love this Dreamy Lavender Woodland Fairy Party styled by the incredible Amy Liu Bissett of A Dazzle Day from earlier this week? It was such a whimsical party with so many gorgeous handcrafted elements. Her DIY Wooden Peg Fairy Dolls are surprisingly easy to make and are perfect for enchanting little party favors or as a beautiful cake topper! P.S. We’ll be sharing a few more tutorials from this party within the next few weeks- including those adorable toadstool chair cushions and elegant napkins! ;)

diy wooden peg fairy doll tutorial

*****

WOODEN FAIRY DOLLS – A DIY TUTORIAL

diy wooden peg fairy doll tutorial

by: Amy Liu Bissett of A Dazzle Day

MATERIALS:

diy wooden peg fairy doll tutorial

– Wooden doll
– Scissors
– Acrylic Paints
– Pencil
– Glue Gun
– Various sizes of paint brushes
– Stencil Stamp tool
– Silk Flowers

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:

diy wooden peg fairy doll tutorial

1. First paint the doll into the skin color of your choice, then draw her face and hair line out with pencil. Next, color her hair and dab her cheeks.

diy wooden peg fairy doll tutorial

2. Paint in her hair & carefully dab cheeks! Using a small brush, carefully paint her eyes & lips.

diy wooden peg fairy doll tutorial

3. Once you’re happy with your doll, spray several layers of Crystal Clear on. Let it dry overnight.

diy wooden peg fairy doll tutorial

diy wooden peg fairy doll tutorial

4. Start decorating your doll with beautiful flower petals to make a pretty fairy gown! (This is where your glue gun comes in handy.)

diy wooden peg fairy doll tutorial

Here is your stunning fairy!

By | 2016-11-22T15:06:10+00:00 June 21st, 2013|Free Printables|20 Comments

JENNIFER SBRANTI is the Founder and Creative Director of Hostess with the Mostess®, a hip and modern party planning resource. HWTM brings creative entertaining ideas to light through an inspirational “how-to” website and popular daily blog. Having hosted countless celebrations herself, ranging from special occasion showers and everyday get-togethers to large events, Sbranti now shares her contemporary style and no-fuss approach to entertaining with others. Her ideas have been featured in media outlets such as People, InStyle Weddings, Life&Style, Real Simple, and Extra! TV, and she is a featured contributor for several well-respected online communities, including iVillage.com and BHG.com. Sbranti resides in San Diego with her husband {and business partner} Sonny and their sweet 1-year old daughter, Macy.

1. Megan June 22, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Very cute! My daughter would love making this! Where do I buy the wooden doll from?

2. paperandthepea June 22, 2013 at 4:18 pm

So cute! I want to try to make it. :)

3. Lorena June 25, 2013 at 7:37 am

these are adorable! I’ve seen a ton of these on Pinterest and Etsy and finally got to making some myself. They are alot of fun for kids and mostly adults! I made my son a set of superhero themed ones, but I absolutely LOVE these fairy ones so much more.

4. MegaMaille » Une fée en fleur June 28, 2013 at 2:13 am

[…] on ne perd pas une seconde et on jette un oeil (même les deux!) chez hostess with the mostess pour pouvoir garnir vos intérieurs de ces petites […]

5. […] you love the Wooden Peg Fairy Dolls tutorial from last week? Well, good news, we have another enchanted DIY from the Dreamy Lavender […]

6. Elizabeth L July 1, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Oh my gosh that is adorable :) I found you through One Pretty Thing.

7. […] View the napkins in the full Dreamy Lavender Woodland Fairy Party, learn how to make the Wooden Peg Fairy Dolls and Name Card […]

8. Amy Liu Bissett July 2, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Thank you for all the sweet comments! If you have any questions, please feel free to message me at [email protected]

9. […] The wooden peg fairy doll tutorial can be found here. […]

10. Jenn July 28, 2013 at 1:13 am

Amy’s party and peg fairies are simply charming! I love peg dolls. I even found an easy way to give the little pixies some arms, with a little help from silk flowers, just like Amy! http://www.rookno17.com/2010/07/fairy-cupcake-topper-favor-tutorial.html

11. Jess August 10, 2013 at 10:30 am

Love the flower dress!

12. Cindy deRosier August 11, 2013 at 10:40 am

I’m the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your awesome fairy dolls! You can see them here:

Thanks for a wonderful project idea!

13. Molly D September 25, 2013 at 5:50 am

Absolutely genius. My girls will love this so much. Thank you thank you :D

14. Xenis February 8, 2014 at 2:21 pm

I love the use of flowers. What a great idea!

15. […] The wooden peg fairy doll tutorial can be found here. […]

16. Amanda Formaro October 27, 2014 at 3:59 pm

I love, love, love these! They are sooo cute! I recently shared them on Facebook and they were very popular. Thanks for sharing this fun tutorial! https://www.facebook.com/CraftsbyAmanda/photos/a.353593675216.349539.323548680216/10154789245780217/?type=1

17. Graciela Maria Aguirre November 2, 2014 at 10:02 pm

me gusta

18. […] found no dads) making peg dolls (this was our model; she modeled her dolls on this page; there are beautiful examples if overly ornate for our purposes; and of course you can buy them on Etsy). These are all very nice […]

19. Jill Farley June 21, 2015 at 9:43 pm

Step 4 wasn't finished. how do you make the thing to cover her neckline? are those beads? where did that come from and how did you do it? How about the back that looks like fairy wings?

20. Patty May 17, 2016 at 7:29 pm

I love the fairy dolls. What material did you use for the necklines? I am going to try a few of these for our Granddaughter.