Grab your fins & seashells because… Splish Splash, it’s a Mermaid Birthday Bash! Laila Plant of One Inspired Party never ceases to impress (remember her daughter’s birthday party from last year?) This time around was just as amazing with this under the sea adventure filled with scale inspired printables, a beautiful formal tablescape and touches of sparkly gold throughout. My absolute favorite detail is the Sunken Treasure area – which on its own is an adorable name for sea-themed party favors – with mermaid tutus & pirate accessories that are just too cute! :)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Blue & purple ombre wooden backdrop, a mermaid scales plate backdrop + blue ombre cake & ‘4’ piñata
- Mini formal tablescape for the little mermaids & pirates with ‘whosits & whatsits’ + short floral centerpieces
- Pearl topped chocolate Oreos, beautiful under the sea themed cookies & gold seashell topped cake pops
- Purple & blue beach pails & bubbles + hanging streamer Jellyfish throughout the big white tent
PARTY DETAILS as told by Laila…
This year, my daughter requested a mermaid party so I hit the drawing book and started gathering inspiration. I always start by determining a color palette and so I came up with soft palette of blues and purples with hints of gold!
I do not have a pool at home (where we held the party) so I decided to make the party a little more formal. I dressed the main tables with aqua table cloths that reminded me of the ocean. With the help of my aunt (who is a florist and has lots of patience) the floral arrangements were created. As part of their party favors, little girls got a tutu, tank top, necklace and personalized bow which most of them wore during the party. Boys got swords, eye patches, bandanas and pirate hats.
Nicole really enjoyed her big day and I was so happy with the way our celebration came together. I cannot wait to see what her request will be next year.
- Styling, Florals, Food, Tutus, Papergoods & Design: One Inspired Party
- Photography: Studio by Carmen Photography
- Bows & headbands: Y Bowtique
- Necklaces: Lyla Sofya Boutique
- Chiffon Letters: Bell Bloom Design
- Piñata: Katie K Franklin
- Lollipops: Sweet Caroline Confections
- Swords, Pirate hats & bandanas: Target
- Rentals: Atlas Party Rental
- Cake: Sweet Brantleys Cake Designs
- Cookies: You Can Call Me Sweetie
- Cake Pops, Chocolate Covered Oreos & Pretzel Rods: O Pops by Angie
- Blue Star Marshmallows: Sucrette
- Ariel & Prince Eric: Enchanted Fairytale Parties