We here at HWTM are pretty big fans of football, so you can imagine our excitement when Britni Vigil of Play. Party. Pin. offered to share the recipe for her “Better than Football” Chocolate Cake with us! I think it’s safe to say, we are now also fans of the chocolate caramel combo! ;)
“This cake is inspired by one that a volleyball teammate of mine and I made years ago. I thought it would be fun to recreate it for our pseudo sports themed party. It’s really simple and includes only five ingredients!”
“BETTER THAN FOOTBALL” CAKE RECIPE:
– 1 box of devil’s food cake mix
– 20 oz container of caramel ice cream topping
– 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
– 4 SNICKERS® bars
– 8oz container of whipped topping
– Peanuts (optional)
The cake is kind of a cross between a chocolate poke cake and a tres leches cake. To make the cake:
1. Bake the devil’s food cake according to the package instructions
2. Poke holes in the cake (I used chopsticks).
3. Pour caramel topping and sweetened and condensed milk over the holes.
4. Top with chopped up SNICKERS® bars and chill.
5. Top with the whipped topping. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
It might be an easy cake to make, but it sure is delicious. I make a 9″ round cake and four mini cakes out of one cake mix. The mini cakes are perfect for enjoying for a couple of days afterwards.
Recipe by Britni Vigil of Play. Party. Pin.