Right on trend, Kristen Cambridge of Kristen Cambridge Designs styled this darling Tropical Flamingo First Birthday Bash with a bunch of great, budget-friendly ideas that can be used in all kinds of parties! I love the preppy, feminine look of everything, especially knowing how creative Kristen was to keep everything affordable and still so stylish! That is definitely my kind of party :). And clearly, the birthday girl was totally tickled pink as well.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Flamingo topped centerpieces with pink carnations & lemons + marquee sign & preppy photo booth props
- DIY pink flamingo cupcakes with chocolate bar ‘beaks’ + pink sangria & watermelon feta bites
- Sweet pink & yellow high chair & a flamingo topped polka dotted smash cake
- Adorable ruffled feathers flamingo birthday shirt & a kiddy pool filled with pink rubber
PARTY DETAILS as told by Kristen…
Taylor Mae came into this world on a beautiful May day in sunny Palm Beach, Florida. A few weeks after she was born, we relocated to Indianapolis, Indiana to be near our family because, well, having grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins around is just great. But if we’re completely honest, some days we really miss the beach. Especially when it snowed almost everyday of this awful midwest winter.
When we started planning Taylor’s special day we wanted a theme to remind her that she was born a Florida girl with sunshine in her hair and sand beneath her toes. The flamingo was the perfect representation of all of that.
My favorite details were:
- The Lilly Pulitzer-esque centerpieces that I was able to throw together with a few Meyer lemons and some colorful carnations from Costco of all places. They were surprisingly very economical!
- The flock of flamingos that I rented for the day were able to be tucked throughout our existing landscape and added a lot of whimsy to the party. I chose to rent them rather than paying an arm and a leg and later storing them in my garage for eternity. :)
- The pink cupcakes were ordered from a local supermarket with plain pink icing. My sister (AKA my party savior) and I added white M&M’s, mini chocolate chips and topped them off with triangles cut from Hershey bars to create the flamingo face.
- And lastly the Pink Sangria was so yummy and the best way to get people loopy enough to dress up for the wacky flamingo photo booth.
- Photographer: Roxana Snedeker
- Flamingo Rental: Storks and More Yard Signs
- Cupcakes & Cake: Marsh Supermarkets
- Chair, Table and Linen Rental: Ace Party Rentals
- Flamingo Illustration: Kelly Jane Creative
- Party Cups: Target
- Invitation Design, Food, Happy Birthday Banner, Food Signage, Party Signage & Floral Arrangements: Kristen Cambridge Designs