Halloween may be right around the corner, but the inspiration in this adorable Little Pumpkin Birthday celebration will last all season long! Valerie & Jen of Charming Touch Parties found the perfect mix of rustic elements, vibrant colors, and vintage charm for this fall harvest inspired 2nd birthday party. And with an array of pretty treats and crafty details + fabulous paper elements to tie everything together, this is one “pumpkin patch” that’s definitely blooming with sweet style… just like the Lil’ Pumpkin of honor herself! ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Gorgeous hand-decorated pumpkin sugar cookies + flavored popcorn bar
- 3-Tier cake with mini fondant pumpkins, polka dots, & a cute “lil pumpkin” banner
- Ruffled white dessert table skirt + colorful rag tie fabric bunting
- Separate beverage stations for the “kiddies” and the adults (both beautifully styled!)
- Signature drinks served in mason jars embellished with ribbon & burlap
PARTY DETAILS as told by Valerie…
When contacted to help plan and style a 2nd birthday celebration for a sweet, spunky and rough and tumble little lady, we tried to find a theme that fit her personality. A sweet fall themed celebration seemed appropriate for this September bash. We loved this theme as it is gender neutral, not overtly girly and doubled as a great way to welcome fall! Who doesn’t get excited at the first sight of apple cider and pumpkins?! The goal of this party was to keep it sweet and youthful, while throwing in rustic and seasonal accents.
I enlisted the help of my friend and graphic designer, Beth Kruse, who was masterful in creating playful, modern and clean graphics, while still infusing some rustic charm. Our striped patterns, modern pumpkin graphics and sweet color choice kept the mood slightly preppy, which was complimented beautifully with burlap, rustic graphics and natural elements.
Our sweets table was fun and playful, with a gorgeous three tiered “wow” cake that took center stage. A popcorn bar encouraged guests to dig-in and beautiful cookies were a crowd pleaser. We created a special adult beverage station complete with a fun signature cocktail, served in burlap wrapped mason jars. They were delicious and were devoured by are guests (recipe below).
We took advantage of our mild fall temps and had plenty of outside activity. A pumpkin bounce house was the perfect way to get the wiggles out of our handful of toddlers. Face painting and backyard games kept the kiddos happy and occupied. It was a fun, sweet and precious way to celebrate one special little girl.
Fall Cocktail Recipe:
• 1 Cup Pomegranate juice
• 1 Cup Apple Cider
• Splash of rum
Mix together and serve over ice.
- Design and Styling: Charming Touch Parties
- Boutique Party Décor: Charming Touch Parties
- Graphic Design and Printables: Beth Kruse Custom Creations
- Photography: Jennifer Kaye Photography
- Fabric Garlands: Lillypaul Designs
- Decorated Cookies: NatSweets
- Cake Pops: Bake It
- Florals: Floral Wonders
- Birthday girl Dress: Vintage Bebe Props
- Cake: Piece of Cake – Custom Cakes by Mark