CHOO CHOO… tons of crafty train party ideas coming though! From a homemade cardboard train (complete with steam engine!) dubbed the “Z-Express” to clever train-inspired names for the food & drinks, Zachary’s mom, Jennifer, put so much creativity into his Train Themed 2nd Birthday Party. I’m pretty excited to see our Hostess INK “All Aboard” Party Collection incorporated here too! ;)
Read on to check out all the of the playful details, as beautifully captured by Olivia Richards Photography.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- DIY cardboard box train, “Birthday Crossing” signs, & duct tape railroad tracks!
- Steamhouse Sandwiches + Water Tower and Diesel Fuel (iced tea)
- Clever “train cars” (made from kraft boxes + paper wheels!) carrying finger foods
- Wooden train painting activity + train engineer hats with train themed favor tags
PARTY DETAILS as told by Jennifer (the birthday boy’s mom)…
- DIY train with an engine, caboose and passenger cars made from cardboard boxes, colored duct and washi tape that the birthday boy helped decorate
- Hand-painted “birthday crossing” signs and railroad tracks from lots of black duct tape
- Painting activity with high-quality wooden trains (from Discount School Supply) doubled as a fun toddler activity and a great party favor
- Easy finger foods included a train with a log car (carrots), produce car (veggies), cotton car (cauliflower) and coal car (olives); a water tank and diesel fuel (sweet iced tea) to drink, and train-shaped sandwiches