BEE-utifully styled by Joanna Tutwiler of Queen Tut Events & Design, this gorgeous Mother-to-Bee Baby Shower is full of sweet-as-honey touches and charming details. Chic crossback vineyard chairs, luxe linens, and vintage glass vessels set an elegant tone for the party, while playful additions like a beehive cake, wooden BABY letters, and “Bumble Gum” favors kept things playful and fun.
My favorite idea, though, is definitely the awesome “honeycomb” structures that Joanna created from wooden hexagons… they definitely made for a dessert table backdrop that’s sweet as can be! ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Natural wood chairs & honey-hued linens + Yellow “Bumble Gum” Party Favors
- Beehive cake by Simply Sweet Cakery + “Sweet As Can Be” Cupcake Toppers
- DIY Honeycomb backdrop fashioned from stained & stacked wooden hexagons
- Pretty vintage glass dessert stands and vases + beautiful yellow & white florals
- Spiked lemonade served in a beehive shaped drink dispenser
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Joanna…
This Mother-To-Bee Baby Shower was created for a Mother-To-Bee that does not know the gender of her baby-to-bee! She requested a vintage style shower with inspiration using honey colors.
The honeycomb backdrop was handmade for an added ‘bee’ element. The guests were given ‘bumblegum’ favors along with spiked lemonade from a beehive dispenser.
The cake was perfect for the theme! A sweet beehive with a heart shaped doorway and adorned with little white flowers. There were also cupcakes with mini flowers along with ‘Sweet As Can Bee’ signage for the dessert table.
The mother and father met while riding bikes on the beach and their wedding theme included bikes, so when I found this bee on a bike, it was just perfect for the entrance!
The mother-to-bee was quite happy indeed!