If there was ever a time I wanted to jump right into a set of photos and feel the cool woodsy air, it’s now! This charming Vintage Camper Christmas Party is seriously the sweetest thing and encompasses all those wonderful feelings of nostalgia and holiday magic that make this season “the most wonderful time of the year“.
Dreamed up by Tara Berger of One Stylish Party and inspired by a 1969 vintage scotty camper (which is rented out by a local vendor for events – how fun!), this charming design is full of fantastic inspiration for both rustic Christmas parties and beautifully styled holiday card photo shoots. There’s even a snowball fight and an unexpected “special guest” that stopped by to check out all the fun! See the last photo for his cameo. ;)
Party Highlights to look out for:
- “…what a wonderful world” hand lettered calligraphy sign
- darling white reindeer sugar cookies and gourmet mini donuts
- buffalo plaid tablecloth + natural wood slices used as charger plates
- fun activities for the kids, including a play campfire setting and a REAL snowball fight!
- lush greenery garlands on the treat stations + mini versions wrapped around the utensils
Party Details, as told by Tara…
The idea for the vintage camper Christmas was born after stumbling upon a Cleveland vendor who rents out an upcycled 1969 vintage scotty camper for local weddings and events. While the caravan usually serves up cocktails and local brews, I knew it would be perfect to give out cookies, donuts and holiday cheer at a children’s playdate party.
I wanted the party details to keep with the rustic feel of the camper, so I sourced antique props, such as winter skis, a church pew and lanterns. I accented the camper with a lush greenery garland and displayed a wooden round table and a hand lettered sign in front of it. I was inspired by the buffalo plaid trend that seems to be huge this season and incorporated this pattern into the kids dining table, custom pillows and other little details.
I set the dining table with natural wood slices, marble paper plates and hand lettered mugs. The centerpiece consisted of a white floral arrangement set inside a galvanized metal tin, accented with silver antlers. The dessert spread in the caravan window was styled with a mixture of metal and wooden cake stands, bottlebrush Christmas trees and reindeer accents.
We kicked off the playdate by gathering around a play campfire, followed by throwing (real!) snowballs and snapping a few pictures in front of the camper. By then, the kids had worked up and appetite and got to choose from an array of sweet treats including reindeer cookies, gourmet donuts, s’mores favors and milk!
“And I think to myself what a wonderful world”. The quote by Louis Armstrong summed up my feelings once the party was said and done. I couldn’t help but step back to reflect on what a fun morning it was to experience the joy of the Christmas season through the eyes of 6 small children.
- Photographer: Brittany Gidley Photography
- Event Concept + Styling: One Stylish Party
- Christmas Cards, Personalized Pillows: Shutterfly
- Caravan: Sweet Water Caravan
- Florals: HeatherLily, Inc
- Hand Lettered Sign + Mugs: Seaworthi
- Wood Slab Cake Stands: Koyal Wholesale
- Cookies: Tiffany Dziak
- Rentals: Borrow Rentals
- S’mores Favors: Give Gifted
- Girl’s Dresses: Rainey’s Closet
- Boy’s Outfits: Children’s Place
- Donuts: Peace Love and Little Donuts
- Play Campfire: Land of Nod