I designed these cute Santa hats for a client recently and thought it would be fun to share them here too, because they’re such an easy DIY holiday gift! These would make for a cute holiday party favor idea too. Here’s how you make them… (+ download my “making spirits bright” santa printable above!)
CHOCOLATE SANTA HAT HOLIDAY GIFTS
- Red Hershey’s KISSES
- Cone-shaped clear treat bag – 6×12” size (I found mine at Michaels)
- Jumbo white pipe cleaner
- Large white craft pom
- Hot glue gun
1. Fill the cone-shaped treat bag about ¾ full with red Hershey’s KISSES. Twist the excess portion of the bag to secure the cone shape of the “hat”, leaving a little extra room for the candy to move around before taping the excess bag down.
2. Flip the bag over so the top of the cone is now pointing up. Massage the bag as necessary to ensure it sits flat, and also to move the extra room inside to the top of the bag, near the point.
3. Hot glue a craft pom onto the point of the bag. The extra weight of the glue and pom will cause it to flop over, just like a traditional Santa hat!
4. Form the jumbo white pipe cleaner into a circle that’s about the same diameter as the base of the hat or slightly smaller. Twist the ends of the pipe cleaner circle together, and slide it onto the hat. Tip: If the pipe cleaner circle isn’t tight enough to stay put on its own, use small dabs of hot glue to secure it in place.
The printable Making Spirits Bright Sign is available to download 4×6″ or 5×7″. Merry Christmas!