Alice in Wonderland themes get me every time… there are just so many beautiful, whimsical, and charmingly zany details to draw inspiration from within this one (much beloved) story. And this particular Alice in Wonderland Birthday Celebration for twins Bella and Chloe – which was styled by Events by Ricardo and beautifully captured by Meda Peters from Photography by Meda – showcases SO many of our favorite “classic Alice” moments… in the most incredibly clever & artistic of ways!
Let’s start with the hand-painted elements… I mean, how fabulous are the Cheshire Cat faces and Red Queen “head in the hole” photo fun prop?! And then of course, there are the adorable costumes & fun head pieces for guests. Dressed up guests are always the best “decoration” at any party, right?! I also love how the birthday girls have their own playful Alice costumes that are a bit different from the outfit on the more “grown up” Alice. The rest of the family joined in on the fun too, with mom (entertainment journalist Lucia Castano), dad, and big bro donning character-inspired costumes as well!
From themed cake pops to incredible floral work, there’s a lot of creativity to take in here, so scroll down for a closer peek at all the fantastical birthday fun…
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Alice-inspired cake pops with little black bows + matching outfits for the birthday girls!
- DIY Mad Hatter inspired centerpieces made from candlesticks, floral balls, & whimsical accents
- Fun headpieces for the pint-sized guests, including Mad Hatter hats & “White Rabbit” ears
- Oversize Cheshire Cat face graphics smiling over the photo & dessert table backdrops
- Hand-painted “Red Queen” photo prop + topsy-turvy Alice cake embellished with red hearts
- Moss rabbit statue wearing a playing card smock + china adorned with bunny illustrations
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Meda…
The birthday party was for two adorable twin girls that just turned four. The decor had rich baroque taste with lots of vibrant colors and to make the party even more energetic, the whole family was dressed up as characters.