Welcome aboard this fun “Ahoy it’s a Boy” Preppy Nautical Baby Shower that Krista O’Byrne of Hoopla Events styled for her good friend, Joanna and her family’s newest crew member, baby Max! With a beautiful woodland backdrop, sea-faring decor like drift wood and seashells, and clean navy & white tablescapes, this party is the perfect example of smooth sailing ;).
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Anchor & sailboat cookies, sparkly cake pops, sprinkle rimmed cupcakes + blueberry & yogurt parfaits
- Sailboat & anchor painting centerpieces & utensils tied with sailor’s rope + a hanging lifesaver
- Onesie garland with onesies for every month + “Baby Boy” party flags & a sailboat pillow for his nursery
- A mimosa bar + mini jam jar party favors displayed in the cutest wooden boat
PARTY DETAILS as told by Krista…
When I heard the news that my dear friend Joanna was expecting her second baby, I knew I wanted to throw her the most special baby shower! As a party stylist myself, this baby shower had to be over-the-top amazing and one that would not be forgotten! Once Joanna told me that her sweet baby boy’s nursery would be nautical themed I knew I had found my inspiration. I would throw my friend the best nautical theme baby shower!
The color palette for the shower consisted of navy blue, yellow and gray with an emphasis on stripes and polka dots. We used anything and everything “beachy” as décor; from driftwood garlands, to shells, a wooden anchor, oars and life preservers. It was all brought together by the adorable printables by The TomKat Studio.
Upon arriving, guests were greeted by monthly onesies hanging between two navy window panes. The onesies, courtesy of Two Crafty Teachers, doubled as darling nautical theme party decor and a great gift for the mom-to-be. In keeping with the idea of the nautical themed party decor doubling as a baby shower gift, we couldn’t pass up using darling custom pillows from CW Happy Creations.
As guests mingled, they sipped mimosas from the mimosa bar and then were invited to a sit down brunch which included salads, baguettes, yogurt parfaits in mini mason jars and seasonal fruit that sat in nautical themed navy and white striped baking cups.
When it came to the decor for each table, again we enlisted the help of the very talented gals at Two Crafty Teacher, to create canvas prints that worked with our nautical theme — navy and blue stripes with a gray sailboat. The extra large balloons hanging from the top of our tent were a WOW to the guests.
We were giddy with excitement when we were able to collaborate with Glassy Baby, as they provided lovely votive holders and of course, Washington State’s most beautiful season flower, the yellow dahlia.
The party table runners could not have been more perfect with their bold navy and white stripes. Thank goodness for Long Runners having them available. We couldn’t resist the matching striped plates and napkins. They just worked brilliantly with the entire look.
After brunch, guests enjoyed all kinds of sweet treats from the dessert table. The nautical cupcakes from Trophy Cupcakes and Party were the focal point on the dessert table, along with dessert favorites which included the most light and sweet macarons from 4 Kids Cakes, sparkly and yummy cake pops that utilized striped straws and custom designed and delicious sugar cookies from Sugar Canvas Boutique Bakery. The anchor ribbon around the cake stand that we used to hold the macarons was a small detail, but it is all in the details!
What party doesn’t end with a party favor and a little thank you? Guests took home a pint size mason jar of homemade Marion berry jam that were sealed with matching navy striped fabric from the table runners, a miniature spoon and yellow bakers twine. It was fun using small containers with sailboats on them for the utensils.
At Hoopla Events, we know it’s all in the details. Whether throwing a nautical theme baby shower for a close friend or a wedding with all of the pomp and circumstance, we style it finesse. Every event must never be forgotten. Thank you to the enormously talented Simply Enjoy Photography for the lovely images!
- Party Styling, Striped Straws, Navy/White Striped Baking Cups & Mini Mason Jars: Hoopla Events
- Event Photography: Simply Enjoy Photography
- Nautical Printables, Large balloons, Wooden Utensils, Striped Napkins & Plates & Cupcake Stand: TomKat Studio
- Sugar Cookies: Sugar Canvas Boutique Bakery
- Wooden Anchor & Ribbon around the macaron stand: A Felt Affair
- Container with sailboat: I Have a Favor
- Custom pillows and navy/white pennant banner: CW Happy Creations
- Cupcakes: Trophy Cupcakes and Party
- Glassy Baby Votive Holders: Glassy Babys
- Canvas prints & Onesies: Two Crafty Teachers
- Striped table runners: Long Runners
- Macarons: 4KidsCakes