It doesn’t feel like summer for me without some good old fashioned grilling — even better if it’s with friends! To kick off her summer right, Abigail Barnes of Paper and Cake, an amazing stylist & great friend to HWTM, threw this Rustic Backyard 30th Birthday Barbecue for her and some girlfriends to kick back, relax and enjoy some barbecue & sweet eats! How cute are those mason jars?! I love those wood burned drink stirrers! I am definitely feeling inspired to eat al fresco tonight :).
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– A step ladder cupcake display with paper pinwheels + barbecue themed cake pops
– ‘Come and get it’ party printables + twine wrapped mason jars & wood burned ‘Drink Up’ drink stirrers
– A biscuit bar with with sweet toppings + mini red & yellow strainers as biscuit bowls
– Twinkle lights backdrop + a rustic tablescape with burlap place mats & sunflower centerpieces
– Custom packaged barbecue sauce + gummy hot dog & hamburger party favors
PARTY DETAILS as told by Abigail…
It’s that time of year when your backyard is practically BEGGING for a BBQ party! And what’s best, you don’t have to have a reason to get together — just your shared love of BBQ. The paper decorations we designed for this DIY kit are bright and just so much fun! Yellow polka dots and red checkered “tablecloth” pattern set the stage for mason jar illustrations and BBQ tools galore! Anything and everything you can think of to embellish a party are perfectly matching and personalized for you.
To display the food, and set the lunch table, we decided on a mix of new and vintage items. An old ladder for the cupcakes and cake pops, a vintage enamelware lidded stockpot for a floral centerpiece and old candle sticks for the bases of the popcorn tower. Lunch was served on new “enamelware” plates with coordinating colanders, and adorable polka dotted paper sacks to hold plastic cutlery and napkins. Sweet tea, in mason jars of course, with personalized wooden drink stirrers were just to die for! The food itself was amazing. BBQ chicken corn and on the cob come standard at any bbq — but we added a “Biscuit Bar” with the most amazing nut butters. Sweets are the way to end any great party, and we didn’t stop with cupcakes. The cutest themed cake pops were eye catching and just so yummy! I sent all my guests home with a little sweet for the road (or one to bring home to the kids) — gummy hot dogs and hamburgers if you can believe it.
I just love the girls that came to the BBQ party, we always have a great time together. I wish we could do this every day!
– Printables and Styling: Paper & Cake
– Photography: Missy Marie Photography
– Cake pops: Sprinkles n Stuff
– Custom Drink Stirrers: Delovely Details
– Hand Crafted Artisan Nut Butters: Ingreatients
– Gummy hot dog and hamburger party favors: Sweets Indeed