For her son who loves animals, Thuy of My Paper Pinwheel, transformed her backyard into an amazing Barnyard Birthday Party! She used clever western signage for each party station, whipped up classic sweets and styled creative animal desserts for a sunny day out on the farm. ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- “Git your Gear” prop station with cowboy hats, banner, red wagon, hay bale & pumpkins
- Burlap, gingham, baskets and a red wagon for styled sweets!
- Cow and pig cake pops in mini hay bales with white picket fence
- “Dig In” food table banner & “Get Your Grub On” cow chalkboard sign
- Cherry popcorn, pie pops & caramel apples
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Thuy…
I wanted to throw a farm party for my son who was turning 2 because of his love of animals. I decided to host the party in my own backyard. I hired a petting zoo to come out and entertain the children. I started with an art easel and set it out by the entrance to greet all of our guests. I also set up a prop station as they walked in with a “Git your Gear Sign”. I had cowboy hats and bandanas for all of the guests to wear while at the party. For the food table, I kept it simple, I served root beer bottles, water, and juice. I made a “Dig In” sign out of canvas. For the dessert table, I took mini haybales and hot glued them together and a white fence in front to use for the cake pops. I used a small radio flyer wagon and a wicker basket to place the cupcakes on. I served farm animal sugar cookies, pie pops, caramel apples, very cherry popcorn, and fresh apples.