Cris of Crissy’s Crafts definitely lives up to her name with her latest party to share: a playful & modern Crafty Kids Chevron Thanksgiving (featuring an adorable printable set from Amanda’s Parties to Go)! What a fun way for the pint-sized guests to celebrate the holiday… making chevron-feathered hats, coloring printables, gobbling up treats, and keeping busy with lots more turkey business. ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Turkey hat making, wooden Indian masks & more kids table activities
- Chevron & polka dot dessert table with mini pumpkins + a fondant turkey topped cake!
- Activity sheet placemats with dressed up pencils to match
- “Turkey Toe” favors (treat bags filled with candy corn!)
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Cris…
“A colorful and friendly Thanksgiving get together design especially for kids packed with hands on activities and crafts.”
Amanda from Amanda’s Parties To Go designed a super fun FREE Thanksgiving printable packed with colorful, vibrant designs that also includes kid friendly activities that will keep the kids busy and entertained for hours. The printable includes lots of goodies to help you decorate the kid’s table not just for Thanksgiving but for any fall festivities.
For our Give Thanks play date, I set up the kids table outdoors since the weather here in Phoenix is very mild during Fall. I purchased a few pumpkins to use as centerpieces and embellished them using silk flowers, ribbons and painted polka dots. Using the coordinated paper and turkey icons from the set, I made cute crayon holders using TP rolls that were placed beside each place setting along with an activity sheet from the printable set. I also used the coordinated paper as placemats, the larger turkey icons from the set were used to decorated the back of their chairs.
The dessert table was as colorful and fun as the kids table. Using fabric that coordinated with the printable, I created the backdrop by covering a piece of foam board and added the Happy Thanksgiving banner. An orange polka dot fabric was used as a tablecloth. The kids enjoyed some yummy cake pops, sugar cookies, trail mix, cupcakes and turkey sandwiches. Favors were displayed on an old kid’s fence decorated with color coordinated paper bunting.
At the craft station, kids made turkey hats using the coordinated paper from the printable, painted wooden indian masks, made cute turkey decorations and colored the turkey printable also from the set. The kids had so much fun. If you have good weather in late fall, staging this party outdoors might be a fun way to do a kids’ table at your Thanksgiving dinner.
- Styling & Photography: Crissy’s Crafts
- Printables: FREE Thanksgiving printable by Amanda’s Parties to Go
- Custom Turkey Shirt: *golden*
- Turkey Cake Top: Edible Details
- Cookies: Astonishing Cakes
- Adhesive Labels & Papers: Onlinelabels.com
- Popcorn Container: Oriental Trading
- Wooden Utensils: Katarina’s Paperie
- Push Up Pops & Mini Cupcake Stands: Petite Party Studio