Camp RULES! Mommy (and “camp leader”) Cheryl Nguyen celebrated her son’s first birthday by gathering friends and family for an incredibly creative party at Camp Damon! And seriously, you guys… this Camping Birthday Party is absolutely *swarming* with fantastic DIY ideas, from succulent centerpieces and trail mix served in a tackle box to “campfire” favor bags cleverly created from red & yellow napkins. Make sure to check out all the delicious fireside eats too – think s’mores, bug juice & hearty meats – and the most adorable camping themed party outfits for the whole family (handmade by Cheryl)!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Cute red bandana stick sacks + campfire favor bags with paper napkin “fire”
- Personalized “Camp Damon” scavenger hunt, treasure maps & camp journals
- A very doable set of “Camp Rules” displayed on clipboards + wood slice Instagram sign
- “Keep Cozy” play area with a quilted blanket “tent”, fake fire and first aid kit
- Trail mix tackle box, bear claw cookies and log campfire cake with donut hole “charcoals”
- S’mores Bar, gourmet hot chocolate bar & boat as a drink cooler!
PARTY DETAILS as told by Cheryl…
I knew I wanted a camping party way before I had my son! I wanted a theme that all of
my guests could enjoy and who wouldn’t like camping? Almost all of the details were DIY. My friend and I made all the desserts and my husband made the food. I made all of our costumes, which took a total of three months!