Come on everybody, here we go! With the help of a little pixie dust, Carla Thomas of Palm Beach Parties leads the way to Neverland with her Girly & Glitterful Peter Pan Party! A darling dessert table (with that gold polka dot burlap that I love!), pretty pastel printables and the cutest “Lost Girls” are just the start to this sweet adventure. :)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Gorgeous Peter Pan hat cake topper with AMAZING glittery gold feather!
- Baker’s Twine wrapped Gable Boxes + Lily centerpieces
- Pastel fabric tassels + polka dot burlap dessert table backdrop
- Gold feather favor embellishments and dainty printable favor tags
- “Tick Tock Toss” crocodile themed bean bag game
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Carla…
My daughter isn’t your classic girly girl. Oh don’t get me wrong she IS super girly, but when it comes to characters, she’s not your “Let’s have a Tinkerbell party” kinda girl. When she asked for a Perter Pan theme, how she envision Neverland to be, I knew I had my work cut out for me. I not only had to make a classic non girly theme girly, but to play with the colors of this theme to match what Ella had envisioned, shades of pink, green and gold.
Our clubhouse was the perfect location for Ella’s party. I love the rustic elements of the exposed wooden beams paired with the larger over sized chandeliers and pretty wood details of the fireplace, it was the perfect spot for Ella’s very own Hangman’s Tree. And because it is the middle of Summer in hot South Florida, a party would be complete without a mermaid lagoon.
I wanted to incorporate rustic elements with soft girly touches and the gold polka-a-dot fabric paired with the ruffle tablecloth (which was actually two bed skirts layered together) blended perfectly. I made the fabric tassels using a mix of the colors to not only soften the backdrop but to bring in more color. You’ll find rustic elements from the 8 table vases that I wrapped in a natural twine, the natural kraft boxes on each place setting and the natural paper of the favor bags, but all where made a little more glamorous when mixed with pink, gold and glitter.
- The cake was my main focal point of the dessert table. My neighbor is amazingly talented and was able to take my vision to reality.
- I wanted that wow factor when you looked at the table. The cake was a three tier cake done in a cream fondant with the gold trim.
- Pan’s hat was a perfect topper, also done in fondant and I spray painted a feather with RustOleun glitter paint.
- It was big and beautiful. The feather and glitter could also be found on the amazing oreo cookies and cake balls as well.
- I loved the Pan silhouette and the big glitter 5 on the sugar cookies.
- I knew that only gold chiavari chairs with a white tablecloth and glittered runner could pull everything together.
- I used gold charges for each place setting and paired the white and blush pates with the natural kraft box.
- The fireplace with Ella’s name in glitter gold and birthday banner was perfect for backdrop.
- I added vases wrapped in a natural jute with tiger lilly flowers. ;)
- I used the kraft boxes as the place settings and filled them with large gumballs and wrapped them in twine so that the kids couldn’t open them without a parent.
- I cut feathers out of glitter scrap paper for each bag and painted each small clothes pin gold with a stamp pad to hold the feather.
- A pretty favor tag in pink and gold and tied with twine, complemented the rustic bag.
- After lunch the kids swam in the pool, aka mermaid lagoon, painted a treasure box and played the Tick Toc Toss game that I had painted to look like Tick Toc Croc.
- They mostly loved running around the clubhouse like a bunch of lost boys.
- I’m not one for character themes, but I think for Ella’s party I managed to bring the right amount of elements from the story to the decor.
Thank you so much for my fabulous vendors who were willing to be a part of the overall design. I love to work with local talent, when I can and am greatfull for each of these ladies.
- Styling, Printables: Palm Beach Parties
- Photography: Enduring Impressions Photography
- Dresses: Pippy Lou
- Cake: A Cake Story by Dariela
- Cake Balls, Oreo Cookies: Earth and Sugar
- Sugar Cookies: Sweet Goosie Girl
- Cupcakes: Sugarcain Cupcakes
- Chair Rental: Where’s Da Party
- Kraft Boxes and Large White Balloon: The TomKat Studio