Halloween is tomorrow, and that means you’ve probably seen tons of festive and spooky ideas by now… but I can guarantee you haven’t seen any quite like this! Inspired by Victorian-era postcards, Christie of Flaired Affairs styled this All Hallow’s Eve Tea Party! Printables from Made by a Princess Parties in Style and beautifully crafted desserts from so many talented vendors and the cutest little witches remind me that there’s always a little room for some Halloween GLAM. ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Black Cat, Pumpkin & Witch Hat Cookies from Aunt Bea’s Bakery
- Spider Web Table Cloth, Kitty Cat Sugar Cubes from Edible Details and Black Tea Cups
- Pretty Tutu Dresses, Teapot Cupcake Toppers & “Witches Brew” Root Beer
- Black Paper Candelabra, Tea Pot & Vintage Style Cookie Centerpiece
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Christie…
This All Hallows Eve Tea Party was inspired by the vintage Victorian-era Halloween postcards that I grew up with. My family are antique experts and dealers and I was always intriqued by the fabulously adorable artwork depicted on them. And since it was very prevalent of the time, a tea party made a lot of sense for the setting. The decor had to be reflective of that era but yet I didnt want it to feel too dated so it was livened up the colors to include the sea blue, and make the oranges and creams pop a little bit. There was a spirit of whimsy and carefree fun. The tea party guests came to the party dressed in their whitchy whimsical best complete with tutu gowns and fascinator hats. These were the most adorable sparkly witches I’ve ever seen!
The dessert table was complete with traditional sweets found around halloween; red velvet cupcakes tea tabletops, selection of handpainted sugar cookies, chocolates, salted caramel cake pops, chocolate covered oreo cookies with beautiful hand crafted antigued frames and popcorn cones. A variety of candies were used as part of the decor to set off the beautiful desserts.
The tea party table settings included the cutest kitty kat sugar cubes! Almost too adorable to drop into the tea.. and gorgeous cookies to match. Everything was tied beautifully together with the invitation and coordinating paperie.
- Concept & Styling: Flaired Affairs
- Photography: Dyal Studios
- Printables: Made by a Princess Parties in Style
- Witch Tutus: Atutudes
- Fascinator Hats: Cupcake Wishes & Birthday Dreams
- Face Painting: Playful Paints
- Teapot cupcake toppers: Tikkido
- Sugar Cookies: The Cookie Jar
- Painted Sugar Cookies: Aunt Bea’s Bakery
- Chocolate covered Oreos: Earth and Sugar
- Chocolate Caramel covered apples: Festive Fruit
- KittyKat sugar cubes: Edible Details