Every year, Kristy from Momental Designs treats her team of invitation artists to a special holiday dinner celebration – and this year’s festive jewel-toned soirée was all decked out in gold, glitz, and glam!
The amazingly detailed & artistic stationery details from this party were absolutely gorgeous… from lavish invitations (personalized for each guest) featuring hand-painted frames and silk dupioni ribbon ties – to shimmery gold dinner menus and vibrant fuschia place cards embellished with a Victorian frame sketch. I’m also loving the creative use of vintage gilded frames, and the encouraging words that were painted on decorative paper stars.
Read on for lots more festive, shimmery images + creative details…
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Kristy…
Every year I treats my team of invitation artists to a dinner celebration decked out with artful details from head to toe. It’s all about creating a night of wow for a group of talented women who do the same for couples all year long.
The Momental Girls have discerning taste so the goal was to wow and delight with every moment. A bold palette was chosen based on the jeweled hues of The Fashion Lounge at POSH in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
I collect vintage gilded frames and so began the design theme of the evening. From lavishly painted invitations to personal notes and tabletop design, these beloved frames were woven throughout the evening.
Jewel tones of all hues; fuchsia, red, purple, green made an appearance. Envelopments glitzy papers made the perfect canvas for my signature hand painted techniques. No whispers of color here, but instead, rich, bountiful hues that made a big statement from piece to piece.
It all began with the invitation. Yes, I chose to present each member of her team with a luxurious invitation. Not a necessary gesture, since these ladies see each other everyday but an act of artfulness to get the group excited for all that was to come. Each invite was printed on gleaming stocks in various colors and featured a bold, contrast painted hand drawn frame where color seemed to leap off the page! A silk folio was given texture with hand brushed gold inks and a silk dupioni ribbon tie.
Dinner menus were framed in artwork, heavily painted in rich gold tones while personal notes to each Momental Girl featured a delicate frame illustration painted in fuchsia and red.
Place cards on fuchsia stock, framed by a delicate Victorian frame sketch were perhaps a favorite of the evening.
Two overstuffed chaises flanked a custom dining table draped with LaTavola’s Olive Spiga linen. Frames of all shapes, finishes and size were piled in the table’s center with gold ornaments, hand painted paper stars and beaded strands strewn about. Encouraging words were scrawled on each star while a festive spattering of paint added a bit of sparkle.
Each place setting featured antique china and gold flatware curated especially for this event by the Northeast’s vintage rental go-to, Maggpie Vintage.
POSH floral crafted richly textured combinations of blooms to communicate a rich and cozy winter vibe. Gold seeded eucalyptus, thistle, green cymbidium orchids and yellow billy balls all were sculpted into various amber glass vessels.
- Crab Tater Tots: Crispy fried jumbo lump crab croquettes with a sweet pepper remoulade
- Grilled Flatbread: BBQ chicken, Monterey jack cheese red onion marmalade
- POSH Signature: Sweet potato bisque with smoked chicken
- Steak Frittes: Char-grilled New York Strip Steak with a house spice rub, maitre d’ butter and POSH fries
- Amish Farm Raised Chicken: Skillet roasted breast with garlic and rosemary, accompanied by a chicken confit crepe, au gratin potatoes and rosemary jus
- Farro Island Salmon: Slow baked with fresh herbs on a bed of brussel sprouts, forest mushrooms, green apple puree, topped with a winter truffle vinaigrette
- Maggie from Maggpie Vintage collected amber glass compotes large enough to hold 6-8 scoops of ice cream each!
- Kristy gathered her favorite confections from Sucre and Williams Sonoma plus jellbeans, Twix candy bars, chocolate and caramel sauces.
- The team at POSH assembled these monstorous make-your-own-sundae plates for all to enjoy!
- Oversized sugar stars with words like friendship, restore, inspire, and grace written on each were perched atop the mound of ice cream.
- Finally, a single shimmer dusted sugar rose sculpted by the talented team at Truly Scrumptious in Kingston PA became a delicate finishing detail on each plate.
I enlisted the talents of Estella Sweet and her crew of performers to get the group laughing and singing as the night concluded. A Cher impersonation and cheeky rendition of the 12 Days of Christmas wrapped the evening in.
- Styling, Stationery & Design: Momental Designs
- Venue: The Fashion Lounge at POSH, Scranton, PA
- Photography: Jillian McGrath Photography
- Flowers: POSH Floral
- Vintage China & Glassware: Maggpie Vintage Rentals
- Linens: LaTavola Linens
- Sugar Blooms & Stars: Truly Scrumptious
- Entertainment: Estella Sweet and Crew, Wilkes-Barre, PA