Ok, since we went for the extra-creepy cocktail look yesterday, here’s are a couple ideas for those of you that might not have the stomach for a “speared eyeball” garnish and like your Halloween libations on the “classier” side…
Both of these cocktails incorporate Blavod black vodka to achieve their perfectly Halloween-esque hue. Pictured at top is the Black Widow Martini, which is great with either blackberry or deep purple grape juice and a splash of Chambord (full recipe below).
And pictured below is the Screwed-up Shooter, which – you guessed it – is a layered OJ and black vodka shot!
Orange rimming sugar makes for a pretty presentation on these two-tone shooters, or you can also garnish them with a clip-on black spider like this:
I’ve also seen this same look applied to full screwdriver drinks… which still looks great when you first pour it – but the minute the black vodka and OJ is stirred together (which the guest will probably want to do in order to drink it), the result is not quite so pretty! You end up with kind of a blackish-green looking concoction, which could be great for swamp-themed Halloween parties, I guess. =)
And now… for the recipes:
BLACK WIDOW MARTINI
- 2 oz black vodka
- .5 oz Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur
- 2 oz blackberry or grape juice
- black licorice and sugar for garnish (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
2. Shake well and strain into a sugar-rimmed martini glass.
3. Garnish with black licorice and add a plastic black spider to the stem of the martini glass.
SCREWED UP SHOOTER
- .5 oz orange juice
- .5 oz black vodka
- orange rimming sugar for garnish (optional)
1. Fill the bottom half of a sugar-rimmed shot glass with orange juice.
2. Next, add the black vodka.
3. Pour it over the back of a spoon and into the shot glass to help achieve a layered look on top of the OJ.