Birthday boy Sawyer knows there’s nothing quite like a big bowl of spaghetti and meatballs! So, creative party chef/mommy/business owner Patty Smith of Sweet Treat Stands combined two of her little guy’s favorite things, and cooked up this incredibly unique & creative Italian Bistro Inspired Dachshund Chef Birthday Party!
I was instantly smitten with the darling Dachshund wine cork cake topper from Divine Wine Corks, the Italian café scene with red table and chairs, all the insanely creative kitchen tool displays, and so much more – all whipped up by an incredible group of vendors. You just have to scroll through all the pictures and check it out… Grazie to Patty for sharing all this creative sauce with us today! ;)
PARTY DETAILS to look out for:
- Rustic dachshund chef party printables with Italian flair from Party Style Design Studio
- Italian herb plant party favors and “Grazie” red glitter + black & white checkered bunting banner
- Lollipops displayed in a cheese grater, flowers in a colander, and straws in an olive oil can (so clever!)
- Pint-sized chef aprons and hat decorating activity from Revelbee
- “Meatball” cake pops from Katie’s Cake Creations, red door cookies, & creative utensil “chandelier”
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Patty…
I’m always trying to think outside the box. But at the same time trying to keep in mind what my 2 year-old son would like for a birthday party theme. I wanted it to be something that would reflect what he likes. After all he’s two and it’s those first favorite things our children like that as parents we love so much. I had a few ideas before deciding on a twist to a fun Italian Bistro theme.
My son loves Italian food! He loves spaghetti with meatballs, fettuccine Alfredo, lasagna and of course pizza. We have an Italian restaurant that we frequent on a regular basis and our boys love eating there. For some time now every time we’ve eaten there I’ve been inspired to design an Italian themed party. We love animals and in particular we love Dachshunds. So that’s how I came up with the Dachshund Chef themed Italian Bistro.
I took out the traditional chef guy with the mustache and replaced him with a cute Dachshund. My boys also love to help out in the kitchen and love to wear aprons and occasionally a chef hat. So overall the theme was a perfect fit for my 2 yr-old son’s birthday celebration. It’s those personal things not only for him but as a family that made the theme even that much more perfect.
The kids had so much fun decorating their own aprons and chef hats. The desserts were gorgeous and delicious. The graphic design and décor was amazing. The take home guest favors (mini planters, soil and Italian herb seeds) were a big hit as well. This definitely was a great party and the theme was so much fun. Happy birthday lil’ guy! I love you :)
- Concept, Design and Chandelier Cake Stand: Patty Smith of Sweet Treat Stands / @sweettreatstands
- Photography: Christina P. Photography in St. George, Utah
- Custom Invitation Design and Coordinating Printables: Party Style Design Studio
- Fondant Cake (pot of spaghetti and meatballs): Kima’s Konfections
- Fondant Cupcake Toppers: Little Shindigs
- Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes (Mascarpone Icing), Dark Chocolate Raspberry “Meatball” Cake Pops: Katie’s Cake Creations
- Vanilla Sugar Cookies: Haute Sweets
- Chocolate Covered Oreos: Sweet Treats
- Gourmet Cotton Candy Flavored Lollipops: My Sweet Lollipops / @mysweetlollipops
- Chef Party Activity & Favor Package, Apron and Chef’s Hat Decorating: Revelbee
- Mini Planting Pots with Italian Herb Seeds Guest Favor Kits: Crate and Party
- Personalized with Embroidery Custom Aprons and Chef Hats: LJs Custom Creations
- Custom Wooden Cake Topper/Party Décor: Min & Moots
- Vintage Red Shabby Chic Suitcase with “Grazie” Bunting for Guest Favors: PrimroseCouture
- Dachshund Wine Cork Cake Topper: Cindy Skufca of Divine Wine Corks / @DiVineWineCorks
- Custom Yard and Party Decor: Chris Ann Dale of Flamingos 2 Go
- Black and White Striped Tablecloth and Red/White Chevron Retro Paper Straws: Candy Crush Shop
- Silverware Utensil Dangle Charms (see chandelier cake stand): Tara Fletcher-Gibbs of Garden of Sypria