In honor of September being Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, we thought it fitting to showcase this amazing “Let it Go” Frozen Birthday Party, styled (all out of the goodness of her heart) by Monica Bacallao of Moni’s Marvels for 2 year-old Daniella, who’s facing Stage III Neuroblastoma. Just like most little girls out there, Daniella is Frozen crazy, and in this case, the party gives a whole new meaning to the words “Let It Go.” Absolutely warms my heart to see Monica & all of these amazing vendors come together to make this day truly special for Daniella & her family.
To learn more about how you can help or to donate to families affected by Childhood Cancer, go to the ACCO’s website here.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Large glitter snowflake backdrop + a snowflake decorated kid’s sleigh & glittered everything
- Amazing Frozen castle inspired birthday cake with rhinestones, ribbons, snowflakes & a crown topper
- White floral centerpieces with character silhouettes, snowflakes, glitter branches & decorated ornaments
- Green dusted ‘magical troll’ rock truffles, a visit from Anna & Elsa + Olaf’s party favor table
PARTY DETAILS as told by Monica…
Daniella, or as we call her “Ella” like every other little girl, is Frozen crazy. What makes this celebration so different from all the others is, that when we say “Let It Go” we mean cancer. You see, little Ella was diagnosed late May 2014 with Stage III Neuroblastoma at just 21 months old. I was contacted by a family friend to help the family plan the celebration of their princess’s second birthday. There was no doubt in my mind I wanted to help them, I had to make this event magical! I quickly began planning with an AMAZING team of vendors and we unanimously decided that we wanted to gift the event to the family. The details were made with the pure love that we all immediately felt for Ella. I chose to give the event a winter wonderland feel not only because Ella loves Elsa, but to bring out the magical element that winter instills.
From the very start of the planning Ella’s parents requested that instead of gifts, each guest make a donation no matter the amount. The donations went to the Mystic Force Foundation to help fund research for Childhood Cancer. The collection box was adorned with snowflakes, frozen branches and was placed on a BREATHTAKING snowflake shaped table.
There is so much to love about this event:
- The sleigh where the Snow Queen and princess told stories and sang songs with the children.
- An 8′ Olaf dressed in hula (who really danced) at Olaf’s concessions where guest could enjoy personal snow flurries (cotton candy) or snowballs (snow cones).
- The incredible cake table that featured a beautiful backdrop of the ice palace gates, a handful of beautifully hand crafted sugar cookies, a 4 tier topsy-turvy cake adorned with a handcrafted monogram of Daniella’s name and a 3-D Sven cake.
One of my favorite elements of the event was the 12 foot sweet station that featured all sorts of treats and featured all parts of the movie. Some treats included “Sven’s carrot’s” sugar cookies, “Frosted Apples, “Kristoff’s Ice Cube” mints, even some snowflake sugar cookies hanging off the branches of our tree!
Each table was adorned with baby blue linen, a silver runner, frames that displayed quotes from the movie, and a beautiful centerpiece adorned with ornaments that had images of Ella. We set up a royal table for the children and decorated them with mini balloon columns topped with characters from the movie. The favors included Frozen puzzles, crayons, bubbles and were placed in gift bags that were set on a table decorated by everyone ‘s favorite snowman Olaf handmade of styrofoam.
My personal highlight of the event was watching the expressions on Ella and her family’s face when they walked in, her smile brightened the room. When Dania, Ella’s mom hugged me, neither one of us said a word but it was so heartfelt, that moment will forever live in my memories and reminds me why I do what I do. It was beautiful to see everyone, friends and strangers come together to help make her day special! September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month so it was great to be able to spread awareness, while bringing joy to a little fighter that deserves to enjoy just being the child she is. #TeamDaniella
- Event Planning & Coordination, General Decor, Favors, Candy Station: Moni’s Marvels
- 4 Tier Topsy-Turvy Cake & 3D Sven Cake: Divine Delicacies
- Name Monogram: Silhouette Photography & Monograms
- Custom Sugar Cookies on cake table: You Can Call Me Sweetie
- Baked Goods on Dessert Table: Cupcake.Love.Miami
- Photography: Fluttershots Photography
- Large Props & Decor: Bambini Soriee
- Concessions & Rentals: A.S.A.P. Party Rental
- Character Cut Outs & Bounce House: Just 2 Party
- Daniella & Big Brother’s Outfits: TD Hair Crafting
- Daniella’s Tiara: Project Fairy Dust and Pixie Wands
- Centerpieces: DIY by Mom’s Best friend