The always amazing, Jenny Raulli of Bloom Designs Online celebrated her daughter, Charlotte’s 7th birthday with a Girly Woodland Party drawing inspiration from mushrooms, fairies and sparkly gold glitter! Her signature backyard decorations, creative activities and cute food names are all decked out with the cutest silhouette deer, squirrels and pink fairies of course! (And for more darling Woodland Party ideas look here and here!)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Fairy Fizz Drinks, Gold Glitter Rimmed Wood Slices and “Crescent Moon” Sandwiches
- Palette Kids Tables with Green Gingham Tableclothes & Boxed Lunches (with DIY dowel rod wands!)
- “Eat Me” Cupcakes, Flower Embellished Oreos, Glittered Shooters & a Mushroom topped Cake
- Headband Decorating, “Fairy Find” Scavenger Hunt and Toadstool Painting Activities
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jenny…
When our family went to Alaska last summer, Charlotte and I decided to see how many different colored mushrooms we could find. Amazingly we found every possible color except for blue and out of that came this blue mushroom party. Charlotte is a true girlie girl so I wanted the party to be just that- pink, glittery and pretty. My mom helped me make the tulle tablecloth for the dessert table and I made the tulle pom poms to hang over the lunch table and around the yard.
- I made the picnic table out of palettes that I salvaged and then spray-painted a stool from Ikea to look like a mushroom for the birthday girl to sit on.
- Down the center of the table were flowers in mason jars that I glittered.
- Each girl had a boxed lunch tied with a fairy wand and filled with food for little deer (salad), berries, a crescent moon (sandwiches), and they snacked on twigs (pretzel sticks), nuts and bark (sun chips).
- I also set up a grazing station for the adults. My husband made me a wooden swing to serve the drinks from.
- Ten 23 Designs made me an amazing wooden cutout of Charlotte’s name that hung over the dessert table.
- Sweet treats consisted of a three-tiered chocolate cake with mushroom toppers made by Edible Details who also made the fondant toppers for the cupcakes.
- We also served fairy cakes, chocolate covered Oreos, fairy fluff and white chocolate mousse served in glittered shot glasses.
- All of the wooden pieces had glittered edges.
- The girls made their own fairy cakes out of cookies, painted mushrooms, decorated fairy doors and went on a fairy find scavenger hunt.
I made each girl a personalized gable boxes that matched the invitations and other printables. Inside was a t-shirt that matched the one that Charlotte wore to the party. They could also choose from fairy fire (sparklers spray painted gold), fairy bars, or gum ball tubes.
My favorite detail that I made for the party were the fairy jars filled with pink candies.
The invitation and all of the other party printables including banner, welcome sign, water bottle labels, straw flags and more are available at Bloom Designs Online.
- Party concept and styling: Bloom Designs Online
- Invitation & printables, gable boxes, straws, balloons, gumball tubes, cupcake wrappers: Bloom Designs Online
- Cake and cupcake toppers: Edible Details
- Wooden Charlotte for dessert backdrop and seven for smash cake: ten 23 designs
- Skirt: The Tomkat Studio