Celebrating her daughter Kaylen, Ashley Aylesworth of Sugar and Soirees, designed an Under the Sea Inspired Gorgeous Ombre First Birthday that is so so soo pretty! And speaking of pretty… did you see that cake!?!?! Marinold Cakes is an absolute genius. Sprinkle in crafted DIY elements like the multi color tassel garland and upcycled baby food jars + pictures of Kaylen enjoying her beach bash, beautifully captured by Jessica Downey Photo, for an all around inspiring party.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Incredible 3-tier ombre teal birthday cake with purple shells and pearl accents
- Lacy Turtle and Conch Shell Cookies, Pastel Macarons & Blue Candy in Jars
- Mermaid Hair Coloring Station + Bubble Station Activities
- Purple Polka Dot Utensil Holders and Blue Mason Jar Drink Dispenser for Mermaid Punch
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Ashley…
Mermaid/Under the Sea themed 1st birthday party at the beach (Coronado Island, San Diego, CA)
- Dessert table featuring birthday cake, aqua candy bar, custom decorated cookies, french macarons; table setting with sea shell favors, individual cutlery packets, mason jar glasses
Food & Drinks
- No images of food but drink station with aqua mason jar dispenser, mason jar cups, and assorted paper straws
- DIY favors by upcycling baby food jars (painted in coordinating colors) with DIY white chocolate shells on top of raw sand; favors acted as weights to keep plates down despite ocean breeze.
- Mermaid punch was mix of lemonade concentrate and Hawaiian Punch’s Polar Blast (in bottle), Activities included bubble station where kids got own solution/picked own bubble wands, and mermaid hair chalking station where we colored hair and did fun braids, painted the chalkboard stands too