Have you seen the new colorful chocolate KISSES from Hershey?
I had so much fun dreaming up a few ways to *party* with them. This Paint Dipped Cactus Favor might be my absolute favorite, though…I mean, it has color blocking and sparkly craft poms… and CHOCOLATE! ;)
There are 2 different styles of cacti here – a taller, skinnier version and a shorter, rounder version. Both are easy to make. Check out the instructions below.
1. Prep the terra cotta pots. For a paint-dipped look like I did here, use painter’s tape to block off the bottom portion of the pot that you want to paint. Apply 2-3 coats of craft paint to each pot and let dry completely, then peel off the tape.
2. To form the tall cactus plants, fill 3×5” clear bags with 20 green Hershey’s KISSES. For the round cactus plants, fill 4×9.25” clear bags with 20 green Hershey’s KISSES.
NOTE: Turn both sizes of bags INSIDE OUT before filling them to help conceal the corners and create a more rounded look.
3. Once the bags are filled and shaped to your liking, twist the excess cellophane to secure the shape and tape them closed. You can also trim the excess cellophane off of the round plants.
4. Flip the candy-filled bags over so that the taped side is down, and place them in the terra cotta pots. The round cactus bags should sit nicely towards the top of the pots. For the taller & skinnier plant, insert a ½ sheet of brown tissue paper into the bottom of the terra cotta pot first, packing it down firmly to create a hidden riser for the cactus.
5. Hot glue mini pom-poms onto the cactus plants to make colorful flowers and prickles!
6. For the finishing touch, accent the plants with Printable YAY! Flags hot glued onto bamboo skewers.