Looking for a fun decoration for your 4th of July party – or maybe a patriotic-themed birthday celebration or ice cream social? These stars, stripes, and *sprinkles* bedecked balloons are super easy to make… not to mention too cute to eat!
Displaying the Balloons
One important thing to note is that the paper cones and craft poms do add some weight to the balloons, so this will make it harder for the helium to lift them for a long period of time. I recommend a couple of solutions for this:
- Getting the cones ready and filling the balloons right before your party starts. (I used Balloon Time tanks for these.)
- If you need these decorations to last a longer time, you can air-fill the balloons instead and use an alternative way to hang them. Fishing wire hot glued to the craft pom at the top is one option, or balloon sticks slipped through the bottom point of the paper cones.
Patriotic Ice Cream Cone Balloons
- 12” Red, White, and Blue Balloons
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Baker’s Twine (or other string)
- Printable Patriotic Ice Cream Cones
- Paint Pens
- Craft Poms
1. Using a lightweight paper stock, print and cut out the Patriotic Ice Cream Cones. Roll them into a cone shape and secure the cones with tape.
2. Fill the 12” balloons generously with helium and tie on the balloon strings.
3. Thread each balloon string through a paper cone, then slide the cone up to meet the balloon. Secure the rim of the cone to the balloon with tape.
4. Use paint pens to add “sprinkles” to the top of the ice cream balloons, then glue on craft poms to act as the “cherries” on top.
Done! Make a bunch of these to display together… I love how they look all lined up down the center of a table. 🤩
Patriotic Party Printables
My July 4th County Fair printables are available in our store. They make it so EASY to add pro designer style & personalization to your event. It’s like instant branding for your party! 🙌 Click here to shop now.