/////Shabby Chic Little Birdie Themed Baby Shower

Shabby Chic Little Birdie Themed Baby Shower

Quick Jump To » Vendor Credits | Comments

pink birdcage baby shower

Shabby chic, pink and birdcages combined has me head over heels, but throw in ruffle tutus, banana cream shooters & a bubbly bar, and I’m in LOVE! Taleen of Simple Little Details threw her sister-in-law a beautiful Shabby Chic Little Birdie Themed Baby Shower that has the perfect combination of rustic, glam and delicate pretty details! (For more beautiful birdcage inspired party ideas go here and here!)

PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:

• Pink bird escort cards with glitter clothespins on a birdcage display
  • Mini cupcakes topped with pink bows, baby bottles and ruffle poms
  • Pink napkins + tissue flower poms, chalkboard table numbers & birdcage centerpieces with roses + hydrangeas
  • Pink ruffle tutu dessert table backdrop, “It’s a Girl” cake bunting with crochet heart edges
  • Nursery rhyme game and headband making activity

birdcage escort cards

shabby chic baby shower

pink flower headbands

bubble bar juice

baby shower invitation

baby shower dessert table

baby shower desserts

pink macarons

cupcakes

pink bow cupcakes

it's a girl pink ruffle cake

macarons

birdcage flowers

mommy chair pink roses

shabby chic birdcage baby shower

baby rhyme game

champagne bar

baby headband activity

baby shower headband activity

favors

friends

rainbow-dotted-divider-2

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Taleen…

My sister-in-law Taline is about to have a baby girl and we wanted to throw her a baby shower that was going to be truly special and as sweet as her. The shower was a little birdie theme with a shabby chic feel. The color palette was soft pink, green, and white to keep it very feminine and light. I wanted to incorporate some vintage items such as white washed birdcages, milk glass vases, and chalkboard signs while still keeping the chic element. Some fun details for the guests included a bubbly bar, a baby headband making station, and the delectable dessert table. Overall, we wanted the shower to feel classy yet still have a cuteness to it.

PLACE CARDS
Since we had a large guest count, we thought it would be easier to have assigned seating. The placecards were a pink birdie cutout that indicated the table number for each guest. They were attached with a pink glittered clothespin to a hanging bird cage photo holder. For the table numbers, I purchased chalkboards and attached a wooden flower to the corner for a feminine touch.

TABLE DECOR
The tables were covered in a soft pink dotted linen and were paired with natural wood chivari chairs. The first centerpiece was a white vintage birdcage that was filled with antique green hydrangeas and soft pink garden roses. The second was a variety of white milk glass vases of varying heights that were filled with similar flowers. Each place setting had a pink and white striped napkin with a handmade tissue paper pom pom ball as the napkin holder. The mommy to be had a special ribbon treatment with a flower detail on the back of her chair to make her feel extra special!

BUBBLY BAR
Guests were able to grab a drink when they first arrived at the bubbly bar. There were three carafes that were filled with pomegranate, guava, and orange juice and guests got to choose which one to mix with their bubbly. There was also a fruit skewer with an “Oh Baby” tag attached that was placed in each champagne glass.

HEADBAND MAKING STATION
The headband station was a fun arts and crafts idea and a big hit with the guests. They got to choose the elastic band, flower and feather they wanted and glue it all together. I made a white wooden frame with twine running across for the guests to attach their creation with a pink glittered clothespin.

DESSERT TABLE
The backdrop of the dessert table was hanging tutus and glittered wooden letters that said “Baby Love”. The dessert table was filled with delicious sweets such as macaroons, cupcakes, and strawberry shortcake shot glasses. They were displayed on white platters and had little signs that were attached to the platters with a pink glitters clothespin. The shot glass desserts had a special wooden spoon that said, “it’s a girl” attached to them with twine. A few of the cupcakes were topped with fabric pom pom balls. The cake was covered in pink buttercream ruffles and topped with a darling “it’s a girl” cake topper.

FAVORS
I found these adorable baby stroller printed sachets and filled them with lavender. I truly believe in having favors that are usable and that are not going to get tossed away. These lavender sachets are great to put in your car or dresser and the scent is so refreshing. I displayed the favors by putting them in a birdcage with a mini “thanks” chalkboard sign so that people knew to grab one on the way out.

Vendor Credit
By |2017-01-26T21:28:25+00:00March 28th, 2013|Baby Girl|

Hi, I’m Alyssa, and I love seeing all the inspiration on HWTM! Aside for my obvious love of design, parties, and blogging, here are a few random things about me…

1. I’ve done 3 triathlons.

2. I just got married on 3.14.15

3. I’m from Miami, Florida.

4. My 4 favorite Hostess INK collections are Birthday-saurus, Farm birthday, Baby Bistro, and Retro Rainbow.

5. I love to cook but hardly, if ever, repeat dinner recipes.

1. Shae March 28, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Such a sweet shower, I love the pale pink!

2. @TSOEvents March 28, 2013 at 5:53 pm

#TSOEvents Shabby Chic Little Birdie Themed Baby Shower http://t.co/59bSO6Sg2h

3. Autumn March 29, 2013 at 10:54 am

I love that iron carriage! Where can I get that?

4. Lori Baskin April 4, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Headband kit is by LB Boutique by Lori Baskin – http://www.lb-boutique.com :)
    Adorable Baby Shower!

5. Black Swan Events | Drink Up! – Beverage Stations April 5, 2013 at 7:26 am

[…] Beverage Stations: Brunch […]

6. Mindy April 5, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Shabby chic is usually not my cup of tea, but this is such a modern take! There are so many elements to love!

7. Jamie April 7, 2013 at 11:30 pm

Hello i was wondering where you purchased the bird cages?

8. Nancy freda May 13, 2013 at 3:24 pm

OMG So Nice!! Where did you find the printed sachet Bags. My daughter’s shower is June 8, 2013. Would love to do that

9. Monica Silva McArthur May 23, 2013 at 11:40 am

Where did you make those Baby Rhymes cards, they are awesome!

10. Kathryn June 15, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Did you make the baby rhyme cards? Is there an online template? Would love to re-create. They are adorable!

11. bianca zamorano July 3, 2013 at 2:20 pm

You used clothespins in a variety of ways for your shower, impressive! Those tutus are to die for!

12. Elyse July 18, 2013 at 3:47 pm

I love everything about this! I’m looking for ideas for a shower with the same theme, and I was excited to see you chose the exact same tiny printy invitations I am using. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

13. Sandra Carroca January 11, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Hi, how did you made the baby nursery rhyme?

14. Laura Stasila March 15, 2014 at 11:13 am

Where did you find the pink milk bottle crates that held the macaroons? Love them!

15. Won This Beautiful Baby Headband Kit For My Baby Shower | Practice Makes Pregnant March 21, 2014 at 7:33 am

[…] I’ve seen online, hers are the classiest. I’d first learned about these headbands via Hostess with the Mostess where they were featured at another baby shower. Aren’t they gorgeous? I can’t wait to […]

16. tami April 9, 2014 at 8:55 am

Where might I get a copy of the baby nursery rhyme?

17. […] for your guest to mix up their drinks by setting all the necessities out on a well-planned table. Fill a large bucket with ice and drop in several bottles of champagne of differing varieties (sweet, dry, rose). Use clear jars  […]

18. Bubbly Bar. . . | blah blah birds April 17, 2014 at 2:36 am

[…] shabby chic little birdie […]

19. Julia Norris May 28, 2014 at 10:59 am

Wow so many beautiful details here. Amazing!!!

20. Teresa PRIOLO June 16, 2014 at 4:03 am

Where did you purchase the birdcages for the tables? Love them!
    Thanks.

21. […] Credits *  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  […]

22. Kathleen March 3, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Where did you get the “It’s A Girl” bunting and crochet hearts?!? I love this idea and would love to get them. Thanks!

23. […] We all think we remember those nursery rhymes from childhood. But with all the variations and adult-only versions of these rhymes, can people really remember the originals? Give guests the first two lines of a nursery rhyme and see who can finish it off correctly. No need for obscure rhymes – these will be harder than you think (via Hostess with the Mostess). […]

24. yesenia March 11, 2015 at 6:05 am

Hi, where did you purchase the bird cages?

25. […] Beer and Peach Bellini Station via 2. Pomerganite, Orange, Guava Drink Station via 3. Cucumber Water, Strawberry, Lemon Water via 4. Hot Beverage Station via […]

26. Shabby Chic Little Birdie Themed Baby Shower | India Info 247 July 13, 2015 at 5:57 am
  27. Brandi Groce September 9, 2015 at 9:46 am

Where did you get the items for the headband making station?

28. Gina October 24, 2015 at 9:38 am

Hi, everything about this shower is beautiful. I’m wondering where you got the game and pencil from? Was it ordered online?