//, Styled by Jenn/{Pink, Glitter & Gold} Royal Baby Shower: Recap Part 1 – Theme & Decorations

{Pink, Glitter & Gold} Royal Baby Shower: Recap Part 1 – Theme & Decorations

Quick Jump To » Vendor Credits | Comments

royal baby shower theme decorations and tables - pink & gold

I’m really excited to share a baby shower I styled & co-hosted for a childhood friend recently who I’ve known since we were 4 years old! Inspired by the look of her nursery, which has sort of a glam/posh princess vibe, I decided to go with a Royal Baby Shower theme that was super playful, glittery, and all just plain girlie all over. :) This was a very large baby shower with about 60 guests, and we definitely went all out!

The palette was pink and gold, and the “royal” vibe was carried through with crowns, scroll banners, and design style of the paper decor, but it was also really important to me to highlight the baby factor, which was the reason for the celebration after all! I wanted to keep things fun & sweet (as opposed to purely “fancy”), so the real stars of the decor were actually cute animal statuettes donning DIY lace crowns, embellished doll furniture, and framed quotes relating to baby and motherhood. I also had a lot of fun with the design of the printables and tried to bring in a touches of playfulness or emotion through the verbiage on the signs. Btw – the Royal Baby Shower printables are now available in our Etsy shop in girl, boy, and neutral colorways!

There are a lot of details to cover, so I’m splitting this recap into 2 parts. Hope you find some inspiration here for your own “royal themed” event… there are a lot of details that would easily carry through to other occasions like princess birthday parties and royal bridal showers too!

PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:

• Miniature wooden furniture, painted gold and embellished with rhinestones and ribbon
  • Bud vases (from Ikea) painted & glitter-dipped
  • Playful animal statuettes painted and embellished with sequin trim & DIY lace crowns
  • Mini tissue tassel garlands strung across some of the tables
  • A special chair for the guest of honor with mini paper “MOM” garland + sparkly sequin chair cover

gold rocking chair with pink heart pillows

mommy to be

pink and gold baby shower decorations

hwtm royal baby shower printables

royal baby shower welcome sign

gold dog centerpiece with a pink sequin collar

gold and pink baby furniture

napkin rings

diy pink elephant centerpiece

royal baby shower crib

powder room printable sign

pink polar bear crown

wishing tree tags

hwtm royal baby shower printable sign

tiny princess banner

royal baby shower guests

mommy to be

rainbow-dotted-divider-2

PARTY DETAILS…

As I mentioned above, the Royal Baby Shower theme was inspired by mom-to-be’s nursery design for her “Tiny Princess”. :) The key elements of the decor were crowns, doll furniture, and playful animals + lots of glitter, sequins, and overall glitz/glam!

There were lots of DIY elements, from the spray-painted animals to the glittered frames and tissue tassel garlands. Here’s an overview of the tables & decorations:

TABLESCAPES & DECOR

Tablescape Highlights:

• Mini tissue tassel garlands made from pink tissue paper & metallic fringe curtain from Party City (DIY Tutorial here)
  • Gorgeous tablecloths & napkins from La Tavola + printable paper napkin rings
  • Paper chevron table runners cut from a paper roll from Paper Source
  • Framed printable quotes displayed in Tolsby frames from Ikea
  • Spray-painted animal statuettes  (from HomeGoods) with sequin trim & lace
  • Painted and glitter-dipped bud vases (from Ikea)

These were spray painted first, then brushed with mod podge about 1/3 of the way up and covered with glitter… a super easy project!

• Glittered acrylic pacifiers
  • Embellished doll furniture (I purchase this set from Amazon + See the DIY Tutorial here)
  • DIY lace crowns (check out the tutorial here)
  • Tissue fringe stands for the centerpieces: made from candle holders and wooden circles that were covered in
  • patterned or glittered paper and given a tissue paper fringe border. (DIY Tutorial here)
  • custom printable paper napkin rings

Other Decor:

• “Wishing Tree” draped with acrylic beads and glittered pacifiers
  • Sequin baby shoes (found at HomeGoods)
  • Printable “TINY PRINCESS”, baby name and “MOM” garlands

SPECIAL THANKS & CONGRATS
Special thanks to Alyssa, Renee, and Jacque for all their help with the crafting & set up for this shower – this event was a serious undertaking! And also to my friend Paige for lending some of her decor + all of Cindy’s friends that generously donated time & resources to the shower. Much appreciated!

And CONGRATS to Cindy – who is due in 3 weeks with baby Alexa! Can’t wait to meet the tiny princess! :)

Vendor Credit
By |2017-01-26T21:21:28+00:00April 5th, 2013|Baby Girl, Styled by Jenn|

1. @PartyBlowout April 5, 2013 at 10:35 am

{Pink, Glitter & Gold} Royal Baby Shower: Recap Part 1 – Theme & Decorations http://t.co/s6vLZhGO04

2. Tonya Coleman April 5, 2013 at 10:52 am

Jenn, this is GORGEOUS! I think this is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE BABY SHOWERS! Makes me want to have another….um….okay…maybe not…but you almost got me! LOVE IT!

• jenn s. April 5, 2013 at 11:28 am

Thank you so much, Tonya!! Your sweet comment made my day :)

3. celebrationsathome April 5, 2013 at 11:00 am

Jenn, you may have outdone your self. Such cute details with the tiny animal crowns and embellished mini furniture.

• jenn s. April 5, 2013 at 11:44 am

Thanks, Chris! I will admit a lot of effort went into this one… I was pretty exhausted afterwards, but the creative potential for this theme was just so fun/enticing I couldn’t help myself! ;)

4. elizabeth April 5, 2013 at 11:36 am

Love the colors and particularly the theme! I just finished designing the invite for my daughter’s own royal celebration. We’ll be going to Disney World with family and friends, but who says you can’t do invites, itineraries and a few more printables for a trip!

• jenn s. April 5, 2013 at 11:41 am

Totally agree, Elizabeth! And it’s especially fun to design stuff for your own family anyways – I’ll usually take any excuse to do it too ;) Have fun on the trip – sounds like it’s going to be a blast!

5. Hailey N Fernando Faria April 5, 2013 at 11:52 am

Love it! Thank you for hiring me Jenn!! This was gorgeous!!

• jenn s. April 8, 2013 at 6:16 am

Thanks to you too, Hailey! You were such a good sport in that hot sun, too ;)

6. Jessica April 5, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Absolutely love it! I just helped plan a pink and gold baby shower as well, but with a confetti theme so was particularly drawn to this. I love that you painted the tiny dollhouse furniture—it’s a new idea that I think will totally take off after it makes the rounds. Congrats on a beautiful party!

• jenn s. April 8, 2013 at 6:17 am

Thanks so much, Jessica! The confetti theme sounds really cute too – I bet that was a fun shower!

7. […] Part 2 of the Royal Baby Shower recap! The theme, decorations, and tablescapes are explained in Part 1 of the recap, so I’ll keep this intro short. :) Scroll down to check out details on the food, drinks, and […]

8. Mindy April 5, 2013 at 12:38 pm

I just hosted a 30th birthday/favorite things party in pink gold and glitter! I used your free wine printables and can’t wait to submit it to the HWTM team!

• jenn s. April 8, 2013 at 6:17 am

And we can’t wait to see it! So glad you were able to use the printables! :)

9. Kenna @ Miss Party Mom April 5, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Pretty much my favorite party EVER seen ANYWHERE. What a lucky momma! The mini furniture is amazing and unique and too cute for words- reminds me of my days in toy design!!!

• jenn s. April 8, 2013 at 6:18 am

Thank you so much for the super sweet comment, Kenna!! Much appreciated :)

10. Emily April 5, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Cute! My daughter’s first birthday is coming up and it’s her ‘golden’ birthday, too, so I’m thinking pink with gold accents. Thanks for lots of decor inspiration! :)

• jenn s. April 8, 2013 at 6:19 am

You’re welcome, Emily! And good luck with the first birthday party – those are always so special… my youngest daughter recently turned one as well :)

11. Casey April 11, 2013 at 8:29 am

I loved this post so much I included it in my series, Lots of Link Love! I hope you’ll come check it out, maybe visit some other outstanding blogs, and share with your readers! This is GORGEOUS!

XOXO
    Casey

12. […] the Royal Baby Shower Part 1 and Part 2 we had tons of DIYs, and we can’t wait to share them with you! First up is how to […]

13. Joan Price May 1, 2013 at 12:08 pm

This is such a well put together theme! I’m a bit of a design nerd so I’m completely in love with the baby shower invitations! You look so happy. I hope the shower was as great as it looked!

14. Trecha June 16, 2013 at 10:40 pm

I really loved this shower. can you tell me where you got the crowns you used on the animals?

• jenn s. June 17, 2013 at 3:53 am

Thanks, Trecha! We made the crowns using lace & fabric stiffener :) You can find the full DIY tutorial right here.

15. […] into painted & glittered bud vases from Ikea (repurposed from my friend’s pink & gold Royal Baby Shower earlier this […]

16. Adriana July 5, 2013 at 11:26 pm

I love the crown you gave the mom-to-be! May I ask where you found it?

• alyssa October 2, 2013 at 9:34 am

Hi Adriana! It’s actually a plastic Princess Crown (find one at the dollar store or Michael’s) spray painted and glittered gold ;)

17. […] get fringetastic! Today we have another fabulous DIY tutorial from our Royal Baby Shower that involves metallic tissue paper and chevron pattern, so get excited people! These fun Fringe […]

18. Nicole Byrd October 2, 2013 at 8:23 am

Hello, can you please tell me were you ordered the printable paper napkin rings and Printable “TINY PRINCESS”, baby name and “MOM” garlands

• alyssa October 2, 2013 at 9:32 am

Hi Nicole! They can be found in the HWTM Etsy shop right here. Thanks so much for asking! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact our Etsy team. :)

19. Ireille December 9, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Very pretty. Where did you find the gold sequin chair cover for the mom’s chair?

• jenn s. December 9, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Thank you! I rented the chair cover from La Tavola Linen – the style is “New York”. Here’s the link to their site: http://linens.latavolalinen.com/ :)

20. […] of the details on the wire baby pram, which I had already spray painted gold for my friend’s Royal Baby Shower earlier last year. For the finishing touches, we added a (hand-cut) silhouette banner near the […]

21. Jasimine April 26, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Where did you find the elephants? I’m heading out to Micheals tomorrow to check their inventory… I’ve also tried wholesale sites. I’m thinking about using them for my own baby shower.

• jenn s. April 27, 2014 at 6:35 am

I found the elephants at Michaels – but it was a few years back. I actually reused them from my daughter’s first birthday (and she recently turned 4). :) The exact styles they carry always varies, but they usually have some sort of elephant statues. I found the dogs and bears there as well (last year right before this shower). Good luck!

22. […] decorations are usually what first come to mind (as evidenced in my friend’s royal baby shower, during which I had to restrain myself from glittering everything in […]

23. Denice October 9, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Hi I love the carriage where can I get this one or something similar please thanks a million xoxo

24. melissa December 4, 2014 at 5:26 am

How can I order a package like this

• jenn s. December 5, 2014 at 8:04 am

Hi Melissa –
      All of the paper details (& matching invitations and stationery) are available in our Hostess INK store :) Here’s the link:

25. Shirley Torres December 13, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Hello where did u get the animals????

• jenn s. December 15, 2014 at 5:28 am

Hi Shirley –
      I got all of the animals at HomeGoods and then spray painted them pink and gold. Some were home decor and some were “garden figurines”. They ran between $8-$12 each. Hope that helps! :)

26. shirley torres December 17, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Where did you get the animals???