I’m excited to share a pink and gold baby shower I styled & co-hosted for a childhood friend recently. (I’ve known since we were 4 years old!)
Inspired by the look of her nursery, which has sort of a glam/posh princess vibe, I decided to go with a Royal Baby Shower theme that was super playful, glittery, and all just plain GIRLIE all over. :) This was a very large baby shower with about 60 guests, and we definitely went all out!
The “royal” vibe was carried through with crowns, scroll banners, and Chiavari chairs. I wanted to keep things fun & sweet too, though (as opposed to purely “fancy”). So… the real stars of the decor were actually cute animal statues wearing DIY lace crowns, tiny embellished doll furniture, and framed motherhood quotes. I had a lot of fun designing this printable collection and tried to bring in a touches of playfulness & emotion throughout the signs.
Princess Baby Shower Printables
My Royal Princess printables are available in our store! Use them to add instant style and personalized details to your party. 🙌 You can edit the custom text yourself – right on the website – whenever (and as often as) you need to! Click here to buy this collection.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Miniature wooden furniture, painted gold and embellished with rhinestones and ribbon
- Bud vases (from Ikea) painted & glitter-dipped
- Playful animal statuettes painted and embellished with sequin trim & DIY lace crowns
- Mini tissue tassel garlands strung across some of the tables
- A special chair for the guest of honor with mini paper “MOM” garland + sparkly sequin chair cover
As I mentioned above, the Royal Baby Shower theme was inspired by mom-to-be’s nursery design for her “Tiny Princess”. :) The key elements of the decor were crowns, doll furniture, and playful animals + lots of glitter, sequins, and overall glitz/glam!
There were lots of DIY elements, from the spray-painted animals to the glittered frames and tissue tassel garlands. Here’s an overview of the tables & decorations:
TABLESCAPES & DECOR
- Mini tissue tassel garlands made from pink tissue paper & metallic fringe curtain from Party City (DIY Tutorial here)
- Gorgeous tablecloths & napkins from La Tavola + printable paper napkin rings
- Paper chevron table runners cut from a paper roll from Paper Source
- Framed printable quotes displayed in Tolsby frames from Ikea
- Spray-painted animal statuettes (from HomeGoods) with sequin trim & lace
- Painted and glitter-dipped bud vases (from Ikea)
These were spray painted first, then brushed with mod podge about 1/3 of the way up and covered with glitter… a super easy project!
- Glittered acrylic pacifiers
- Embellished doll furniture (I purchase this set from Amazon + See the DIY Tutorial here)
- DIY lace crowns (check out the tutorial here)
- Tissue fringe stands for the centerpieces: made from candle holders and wooden circles that were covered in
- patterned or glittered paper and given a tissue paper fringe border. (DIY Tutorial here)
- custom printable paper napkin rings
- “Wishing Tree” draped with acrylic beads and glittered pacifiers
- Sequin baby shoes (found at HomeGoods)
- Printable “TINY PRINCESS”, baby name and “MOM” garlands
SPECIAL THANKS & CONGRATS
Special thanks to Alyssa, Renee, and Jacque for all their help with the crafting & set up for this shower – this event was a serious undertaking! And also to my friend Paige for lending some of her decor + all of Cindy’s friends that generously donated time & resources to the shower. Much appreciated!
And CONGRATS to Cindy – who is due in 3 weeks with baby Alexa! Can’t wait to meet the tiny princess! :)
Princess Baby Shower Printables
- Event Styling & Design: Hostess with the Mostess
- Stationery Design/Party Printables: Hostess with the Mostess (available on Etsy)
- Photographer: Hailey Faria Photography
- Linens: La Tavola Linen (Dupionique Irridence and sequined New York collections)
- Party Elements/Craft Materials: all purchased at HomeGoods, Party City, Michaels, JoAnn, Paper Source and Amazon