When you’re family’s got a whole lot to celebrate, what better way to do so than to throw a big party for everyone!? Maureen Walker of a la Mo styled this Glittery Family Milestones Celebration for a family who had two very important birthdays and a housewarming to commemorate — which makes the age and gender neutral gold and silver color palette absolutely perfect! This fun party would be such great inspiration for a New Year’s Eve party as well, don’t you think?
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- DIY large gold and silver tissue paper flowers backdrop adds playful dimension to the dessert table
- Adorable house, key & birthday cookies + white chocolate cake with glittering mini bunting
- Paper circle wall confetti, confetti filled balloons & printed gold confetti tent cards
- Hanging glass vases with short white roses + rustic indoor arrangements of bright roses & tall white calla lillies
- Large fruit filled martini glasses & a bar with pomegranate champagne and chevron striped paper straws
PARTY DETAILS as told by Maureen…
This is a party that I recently styled for a client. It was a unique family event to
celebrate 3 special occasions: a Dad’s 60th birthday, one daughter’s 30th birthday, and another daughter and son-in-law’s housewarming. The housewarming element meant that the party needed to take place at their new home. The venue combined with the large guest list meant that an open house style event was necessary.
We needed to keep the event gender neutral since they were celebrating guests of honor of both genders and various ages. With that in mind, the color palette I selected was neutrals + gold glitter. Festive, classy, and it blended well with the existing decor of the house.
The DIY paper flower backdrop for the dessert table was one of my personal favorite elements. Custom printables, wall confetti, floral arrangements in gold glitter mason jars, clear confetti balloons, a metallic tassel garland, and a hanging tissue pom and lantern cluster carried the theme throughout my client’s home.
It was a beautiful celebration for a family that certainly had a lot to celebrate!