To celebrate her baby daughter blooming into a little girl, Toni Danielson styled this lovely and sentimental Botanical Baby First Birthday Party filled with a mix of fresh flowers, handmade paper flowers and delicately sweet details. I love this look of a clean white palette accented with bursts of color… such a simple, ethereal look that would be perfect for a daytime bridal shower or even just a summer get together with friends! Make sure to check out the adorable video of this party below (which is sure to make you smile)!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Beautiful, DIY white paper flowers backdrop + sweet white baby’s breath head wreaths
- Expanding wild hibiscus drink flowers + cool, oversize number 1 bottle stoppers!
- Sweet white daisy cookies, fresh poppy topped cupcakes, & a sparkler topped birthday cupcake
- Cascading purple flowers birthday dress + a eucalyptus mantel garland with pops of pink & yellow
PARTY DETAILS as told by Toni…
It was a never-ending winter in the Midwest and warm spring weather is finally in full force. With our baby girl’s first birthday right around the corner I knew we wanted to create a bright white, whimsical floral experience for her and our guests. We have a sweet 6 year old who was lucky enough to travel around the world in his first few years. Having lived in Lebanon, UAE and Hungary before the age of three it made inspirational party themes easy. I wanted to make sure our little lady had special parties with sentimental themes to look back on as well.
I fell in love with paper flowers around the holidays after receiving the book, Paper to Petal by Thuss and Farrell, as a gift from my sister in law. From there I asked for help from a few of my uber crafty girlfriends and we drew up a plan and created a moodboard. I was looking to provide a full sensory experience — the taste of the fun foods, the smell of the Desert Tulip and Silver Eucalyptus combo, seeing the white decor sprinkled with pops of vibrant color, hearing the laughter of loved ones and embracing the touch from of little birthday girl hands.
Yum Yum Bowl from World Street Kitchen
Homemade Spring Rolls
Crostini Bar with Lemon Ricotta Dip
Rosemary Antipasti Wreath from Sweet Paul Mag
White Cupcakes with Edible Flowers
- Baby’s Floral Dress: Zara
- White Paper Flowers: Paper to Petal
- Treat bags: Oriental Trading
- Teepee: Amazon
- Invitations: SundayDesign
- Mom’s Dress: Free People
- Drink Flowers: Wild Hibiscus Flowers in Syrup
- Signature Scent: Dessert Tulip by Illume
- Number One Bottle Stoppers: BHLDN
- Silver Eucalyptus Garland: Flora Etcetera
- Photographer & Videographer: Katherine Mendieta Photography and Films
- Inspiration: Flora and Fauna, 100 Cakelet