When you can’t go to the beach, bring the beach to you! That’s exactly what Angela DiVincenti Babin of Angela Marie Events did when she shipped in truckloads of sand and set up this ‘Surf’s Up!’ Summer Family Beach Bash in her front yard! Other seaside additions included the Shaka Sweet Shack, beach chairs with coolers nearby and a huge crab feed! Proof that being landlocked is not so bad! ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Hanging paper lanterns & string lights + vintage surfer & station wagon printables
– Shark cake balls, blue coral popcorn, Goldfish shark bait + bikini rice krispies
– DIY wooden arrow sign & painted wave photo booth backdrop + a cake with a giant surf wave
– A Snow Cone machine & water slide + towels, sunglasses & woven bracelet party favors
PARTY DETAILS as told by Angela…
Last summer my husband and I decided to have a huge family birthday bash for my three step children. We decided not to go to the beach last summer, so I brought the beach to us! I had a truck load of sand delivered to my front driveway and we created a beautiful white sandy beach! We had 2 tents with hanging lanterns and lights because the party lasted until late that night. I used small bistros with simple vintage coke bottles and gerber daisies for guest seating. I used natural and teal burlap for table linens.
We built the Shaka Sweet Shack and filled it with favors and goodies. The cake had all three kids on top with the actual swimsuits they were sporting at the party! Totally blew everyone away!
We boiled crabs and corn while the kids swam and had fun on the mega slide. They also played in the sand and were on a major sugar high between the candy, cake, and the homemade snowballs that were so fun to make for everyone!
Guests also had fun at the ‘Surfs Up’ photo booth! A party isn’t a party without party pics!!
– Styling & Coordinating: Angela Marie Events
– Assistant: Adrienne Henk
– Photography: Carolynn Siebert
– Cookies: Silly Gilly Desserts
– Cake: Ambrosia Bakery
– Printables: Lauren Haddox Designs
– Shark Cake Balls: Brew Ha-Ha
– Tables & Chairs: Doug Olinde, LLC
– Snowballs & Slide: Ascension Party Rentals
– Vintage Rentals: Timeless Vintage Rentals