Looking at pictures of this whimsical photo shoot is like dreamily falling down the rabbit hole…landing right smack dab in the middle of the Mad Hatter’s Alice in Wonderland Tea Party! Missy & Kristen of Sweetly Chic Events & Design expertly styled this shoot to have a vintage, avant-garde feel to it — with ornate pastel sweets, garden floral tea sets & hand crafted costumes for each tea party attendee. So many wonderful ideas that can be put together with plenty of time to spare ;).
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Gold glitter ‘Eat Me’ topped cake with pearls, vines of white roses & a ‘Drink Me’ vial key
- Vintage glam tablescape with a pink sequin tablecloth & velvet runner + a pink rose forest backdrop
- ‘Try Me’ & playing card cookies + rose topped cake pops, cupcake filled tea cups & card decorated masks
- Vintage books, suitcases, bird cages & a pocket watch + avant garde Alice, Mad Hatter & Rabbit costumes
PARTY DETAILS as told by Missy & Kristen…
We fell down the rabbit hole and in love with the concept of this whimsical and vintage inspired Mad Hatter Tea styled shoot. With gorgeous costumes, stacked tea cups and a menagerie of Alice in Wonderland inspired confections, this theme had us all going Mad! Alice, the Mad Hatter and the March Hare enjoyed their tea at a full table set with gorgeous sequin, lace and velvet inspired fabrics, over sized chairs, and of course stacked teacups. Lace wrapped invitations, vintage books, clocks, keys and birdcages helped to set the scene for this darling shoot.
Alice wore a custom cream and blue tutu complete with lace, a gold sequin heart and a coordinating gold sequin bow along with lace gloves. The Mad Hatter donned a custom pink and cream tutu, with a pink rosette, blue and gold lace inspired bodice. She wore a Victorian style blue lace collar, cream and black lace wrist cuffs along with pink Victorian style crocheted pink leg warmers adorned with lace and pearl accents. A petite velvet Mad Hatter style hat with gold sequin accents completed her ensemble. Finally The March Hare completed the trio with a darling sport jacket, bow tie, and of course custom made ears.
Sweets included a pink and blue Victorian style cake topped with a custom made gold glitter “Eat Me” cake topper, pink and blue playing card cookies, stacked gold and pink cookies, bird cage inspired cake pops, petite Eat Me cookies, quatrefoil cookies and cupcakes with custom made toppers inspired by the vintage style printables.
Ornate frames suspended from trees, avant-garde style masks, paper straws and embroidered pillows added a touch of whimsy to a small picnic area.
This darling tea had us all feeling like we truly were in Wonderland!
- Event Styling & Coordination: Sweetly Chic Events & Design
- Photography: Expressions by Nicole Marie
- Printables: Anders Ruff Custom Designs
- Cake: Kima’s Konfections
- Petite Cookies, Stacked Cookies, Victorian Quatrefoil Cookies: Katie’s Creative Baking
- Playing Card Cookies: Frog Prince Cake & Cookie Design
- Fondant Cupcake Toppers: 4 Kids Cakes
- Cake Pops: Cake Pops & Treats by Brittany
- Sequin Table Linen: Shop Modern Celebrations
- Velvet Table Runner: Cupcake With Character
- Cake Topper: Ten23Designs
- March Hare Ears: Bang Bang Crash
- Pink Floral 3 Tier Stand, Blue Floral 2 Tier Stand, Pale Pink 3 Tier Stand: High Tea for Alice
- Ornate Hanging Picture Frames: Little French Farmhouse
- Knit Rose Leg Warmers, Victorian Lace Cuffs, Victorian Lace Collar: Mademoiselle Mermaid
- Birdcage Favor Container: Smarty Pants Party
- We’re All Mad Here Spoon: Pretty Paris
- Vintage Pink Milk Glass: California Picks
- Alice Tutu Dress, Gold Sequin Bow, Mad Hatter Tutu Skirt, Ruffled Top & Miniature Mad Hatter Hat: PUNKnPIE Couture
- Pillow Cases: Great Stitch
- Masks: Fizzy Party
- Paper Straws: Celebration Lane
- Gold Damask Favor Boxes & Antique Key Bottle Openers: Kate Aspen
- Pink Rug, Pink Lantern, Large Rose Tea Tray: IKEA