I’m such a huge fan of anything remotely peanut-buttery – which is why I’ve happily welcomed the distinct spike in PB&J sandwiches that my own diet has experienced since having kids. Funny how that stuff works. ;)
When I’m looking for a more grown-up style dish though, peanut sauce pretty much always hits the spot, and this colorful Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza recipe is the perfect, delicious example! It’s got a great mix of fresh flavors, some of that cheesy goodness we all love, and a sprinkling of crushed peanuts for extra crunch.
Lightening Things Up…
And before those of you watching your waistline cringe at the fact that “peanut sauce” and “pizza” are both in the title of this recipe, I’ve got some good news for you… this tasty flatbread features a lightened up peanut sauce, mozzarella (a naturally lighter cheese), a generous dose of fresh veggies, and a hearty whole wheat crust made from the new Flatbread Mix from Krusteaz®. Suddenly things are looking a whole lot brighter, right? ;) View/print the full recipe here & watch the video below to see how it’s made.
MODERN KITCHEN PARTY THEME
This wouldn’t be HWTM without a party angle, right?! ;)
On that note… I’m also excited to share some colorful Modern Kitchen Theme Party Ideas with you today, as seen in the Thai Chicken Flatbread video & inspired by the colors of the recipe itself. This theme & look would work well for everyday entertaining, a fun brunch, or a Modern Kitchen Bridal Shower. Read on for lots of fun DIY ideas + free printables!
I wanted to the look of this theme to be fresh & modern, and the execution to be budget-friendly, so I utilized some of my regular home decor & stuck with inexpensive DIY projects like paper garlands and tile coasters. (You can purchase plain white tiles at Home Depot for 13 cents each!)
1. Paper Garland – I wanted produce to be a key element in this design, so we hand-cut fruit and veggie silhouettes and glued them to baker’s twine for a fun paper banner that has kind of a retro-mod feel. (Download the printable produce silhouettes here.)
2. DIY Tile Table Runner – This project is surprisingly simple, inexpensive, and packs a big, colorful punch! It’s made from washi tape, colored masking tape, and simple white bathroom tiles. I’m going to post a separate DIY on this later.
3. Color-Blocked Utensils – I found 5-packs of these wooden Bamboo Utensils at Kohl’s for only $5 each, and was inspired by this DIY tutorial to give them this fun color-blocked look.
4. Modern Kitchen Centerpiece – Who would’ve guessed that “bunches” of wooden utensils could be just as fun as flowers?! ;) To recreate this centerpiece, pour a couple inches of dry Lima beans into a mason jar, add 2-3 painted bamboo utensils, and embellish the jar with baker’s twine and a printable paper silhouette. Done!
5. Details, details. – It’s all about them, you know. ;) Use more colored masking tape and paper silhouettes to dress up any ol’ vase! This plain glass cylinder is suddenly stylin’ with the addition of a simple stripe pattern and playful apple silhouette.
6. Simple Chic Flowers – No fancy arranging necessary here… just bright vessels (like this $7 tea pot from HomeGoods!) and tight bunches of flowers.
7. Transform Your Home Decor – This yellow vase is part of my regular home decor, but it’s suddenly “on theme” when accessorized with a few colorful (& cheap) measuring spoons. Don’t be afraid to incorporate themed details in unexpected ways!
8. Signature Drink – What’s a party without a fun signature drink, right?! Whether a cocktail or a mocktail, every drink looks cuter with a festive straw + party flag. (Download these party flags here.) You can also use extra tiles from the DIY table runner as coasters for individual drinks.
Hope you enjoyed these party tips! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to chime in below… and check out the “you might also like” links below for more flatbread recipes & party themes I worked on with Krusteaz. :)
This project is brought to you in collaboration with Krusteaz®. Thanks for supporting the companies that make it possible for us to keep the creativity coming!