Janelle Siegrist of Lee Mae Marie surprised her friends, Brooke & TJ of Brooke Courtney Photography, with some added sweetness (aka that AWESOME dessert table!) at their bright – and fabulously outside-the-box – Gold Unicorn Baby Shower. I instantly fell in love with the pics from this colorful co-ed bash, which was a group effort by loved ones. Quirky accents like spray-painted unicorns, retro candies and giant gold “O BABY” balloons add such a fun vibe! Plus, who wouldn’t love this friendly reminder…”Be yourself, unless you can be a unicorn, then always be a unicorn.” ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Gold unicorn topped pink ombre cake + a DIY gold unicorn mount & mini unicorn figurines throughout
- DIY painted floral centerpieces & glittered candelabras filled with succulents (genius!)
- Beautifully hand-lettered candy labels + gold dusted cake pops & colorful macarons
- Fun, gender neutral shower games that everyone can take part in!
- Rainbow confetti sprinkled table runner & upside down umbrellas from the ceiling
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Janelle…
There are some people in your life that do so much for you that you can’t help but want to give back somehow. When I found out that Brooke and TJ (owners of Brooke Courtney Photography, the vrsly app & walkinlove.) were pregnant I knew that I wanted to help in any way that I could with their shower! They knew about the shower…but my involvement & dessert table were a surprise. Brooke is usually the super inspiring party planner & stylist for the BCP team events, so I was really happy to step in and be that creative ball of energy for this party. We used bright pops of color that resonate with one of Brooke’s favorite brands, Bandō, and threw in a bunch of gold unicorns! The look of surprise on their faces when they walked off the elevator was priceless.
We used pops of bright pink, black & gold as the main colors and accented with yellow, peach & Kelly green. I made the calligraphy labels for all of the treats & most of the desserts. All of the other treats were made by family & friends.