Vibrant flowers, lots of sparkle, and a generous dose of metallic…. PINEAPPLES! I mean, between that and a darling birthday girl, what’s not to love about this playful and glam “Yay One!” First Birthday Party, right?!
Tastefully styled by Reina of Sweet Details Events and beautifully captured by Katie & Jolie of Pixilated Photobooth, this is one of those submissions that just instantly made me feel happy when I opened it. And with the weather heating up already, I could see this look working beautifully for all sorts of summer celebrations.
P.S. I love how mom was highlighted here too… from both her creative work (she designed all the party stationery) to including her in some of the styled shots with her little ones. :)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Fabulous ombre vegan smash cake with golden pineapple cookie topper
- DIY gold lace crown for the birthday girl + a vibrant fresh floral crown for mom
- Gold pineapple ribbon “napkin rings” + glittery gold pineapple in the table centerpiece
- Stunning giant floral “V” for Vivienne + clever thumb print pineapple “guestbook”
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Katie…
“When a wedding stationary designer’s daughter turns one” is how we started with the
planning for this fabulous “Yay ONE!” themed party! Illiah of Two Twenty Two design had a vision for a beautifully decorative and bright celebration with sophisticated decorations. The theme was a palette of pinks, corals and gold with a generous sprinkling of pineapples!
Celebrating a child’s first birthday, in a way, is like celebrating the mom as well. It’s a milestone in her life that she won’t ever forget! We got a chance to pamper mom and celebrate baby. In this party, we wanted to highlight mom and baby together (and a little of big sister as well)! We wanted the decorations to be enjoyable for grown ups and while having the functionality of a child’s party.
The Vintage chalkboard (from XOXO Vintage Rental) was decorated by the fabulous Calligrapher at Just Write Studio. She was so incredibly talented and translated V’s one year characteristics beautifully! La Cakerie made us a stunning ombre vegan cake to accommodate V’s allergy. It’s an easy way to avoid common allergies like eggs and milk by asking for a vegan cake! Two Twenty Two Design created all of the festive paper goods and the pineapple canvas birthday “guestbook” where all the guests left their thumb print as their proof of attendance and having a blast!
- Stationery & Thumb Print Guestbook: Twenty Two Design / @222_design
- Styling and Planning: Reina of Sweet Details Events / @findyourhappy_
- Photography: Katie and Jolie of Pixilated Photobooth / @pixilatedphoto
- Calligraphy and Chalkboard Design: Just Write Studios / @justwritestudios
- Floral Design: Petals by the Shore / @petalsbytheshore
- Vintage Furniture: XOXO Vintage / @xoxovintagerentals
- Cake and cupcakes: La Cakerie / @lacakeriebakeshop
- Hair and Make up for Illiah: Libby of Alison Harper & Company / @alisonharperco