I have to agree with Lindsey (a.k.a. mom of the birthday boy) in her party details below… a labor of love is exactly what I would call her son’s creative & crafty Cat in the Hat Birthday Party!
Beautifully captured on camera by Cari Courtright Photography and styled by Trunks & Tales, Cole’s birthday party is bustling with playful nods to Dr. Suess at every turn – including clever DIY decorations and festive tables piled high with themed party snacks… like the infamous green eggs, of course! Factor in an adorable Cat in the Hat outfit for the birthday boy, mom and dad, AND grandma & grandpa, and it’s easy to see that this celebration was one for the BOOKS! ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Striped hat & book fondant cake by Lovely Little Cakes + Thing 1 and Thing 2 cake pops
- Custom Cat in the Hat apron, red polka dot rain boots & cute mini hat headband
- Green deviled eggs, goldfish in mini tin pails & clever red (swedish) fish in blue (jello) cups
- Bow tie mini balloons on sticks + candy coated pretzel rods with fondant red bows
- Mini honeycomb ball garland hanginve over the food table + red & white stripes galore!
PARTY DETAILS as told by Lindsey…
Planning my sons birthday is always a labor of love. I get to take my passion of creating/planning and designing for my son, doesn’t get any better than that. I usually start the creative process on the heels of his last party so I have time to collect pieces. I wanted to pick a classic theme that is fun for all ages and who doesn’t like Dr Seuss? I’m ALL about the details in an event, down to the plates, glassware, and napkins. My goal is to create a festive experience that all ages can enjoy. I want my guests to walk away with a smile on their faces from having a wonderful time and thinking what is she going to plan next :)
I always get into the theme and create a fun outfit for my whole family….it’s the fun details!!