Have you heard of the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom book? It’s arguably one of the best alphabet books! The color block illustrations are so cute and the story is so sweet… just like how Sarah chose it as her baby shower theme: it’s her first daughter’s favorite book! Natalie Good of A Good Affair Wedding & Event Production designed the playful Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Baby Shower for Sarah, transforming the polka dots, letters, and tropical style into a lively and elegant event! See all the creativity captured by Brett Hickman Photography below…
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Multi-color sprinkle letter cookies + assortment of unique & pretty cakes
- FUN dessert table backdrop with a papercut palm tree and alphabet letters set in a pink polka dot frame
- Dining table “jungle canopy” of gold hanging letters and giant palm leaves in tall vases
- Pink lanterns, lush coral peonies, ferns and dried coconut table decorations
- Chalkboard easel menu, pink polka dot straws and beautifully styled appetizer spread
- “Guess How Many” game + headband making activity
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Erin…
For (mother) Sarah’s baby shower, we wanted to create a theme that had special meaning for her and her first child, Lauryn who they adopted a year and a half ago. After years of trying to have a child, they were blessed with their adopted angel. Then to their surprise, Sarah found out she was pregnant last Spring and to celebrate her and her upcoming bundle of joy, we took inspiration from Lauryn’s favorite book, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom for her shower.
The Colony House was the perfect space for this bright and colorful theme. We hung gold letters above the long dining table and used giant elephant ear palms to create a jungle canopy for guests to sit under. Coral peonies were the focal point in the floral design as well as accents of dried coconuts and ferns. A highlight in the design was the custom dessert backdrop that was reminiscent of the book. Guests had fun making head bands and bows for baby Lainey.