I have a huge soft spot for unique circus parties, so Laila Plant of One Inspired Party made my day when her Dazzling Mickey & Minnie Mouse Circus Birthday popped up in my inbox! This incredible 2nd birthday is filled to the brim with over-the-big-top-talent from every corner of the party world, including awesome balloon art and cart fulls of “mouse ear” inspired desserts.
What I especially love about Laila is that she always adds unexpected and simple ideas into the mix too – like the creatively stacked animal cracker boxes and the earthy succulent table centerpieces, which provide such a nice contrast to all the bright colors in the room + tie in beautifully with the big hedge wall backdrop. Find more clever highlights below… I hope you guys enjoy looking at all this Mickey and Minnie inspired fun as much as I do!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Giant Mickey balloon art sculpture + amazing Mickey silhouette balloon backdrop
- Succulent centerpieces in wood planters, paired with ticket rolls & striped popcorn boxes
- Whimsical circus inspired cake with fondant Mickey, Mini & Pluto!
- Dazzling (& detailed!) circus cart dessert tables with stuffed white tigers peering out
- Cool Minnie hedge silhouette with red marquee “V” behind the dessert table
- Fabulous assorted Mickey & Minnie cookies from youcancallmesweetie
- Personalized & embroidered favor bags + mini gumball machines with custom stickers
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Laila…
Victoria loves anything Mickey Mouse related and so this year, her parents decided to throw her a circus party – Mickey’s Circus Party that is. The yellow, red and blue color palette was the only natural choice as we wanted that traditional circus feel.
Bambini Soiree’s circus train tables also felt like a natural choice for the party. I designed a logo which was placed in front of the cart to bring the blue in. Johanna from Bambini Soiree designed the polka dotted panel in the back with the hedge Minnie which was the perfect balance of fun and whimsy. A bright marquee V was placed inside the hedge silhouette. The red lights reflecting on the sweets happened to be one of my favorite elements in the party. With the help of some of the most talented bakers in the city, the 20 foot dessert table came to life. There were so many little details!!! From chocolate covered apples to mickey mouse shaped pretzels, the tables were packed with delicious sweets.
Happy birthday sweet Victoria!
- Planning, Design, Paper Goods and Styling: One Inspired Party
- Props, tables, chairs and linens: Bambini Soiree
- Florals: Isaac Farms
- Photography: Anita Andrade
- Naked Cakes: Cakes By RC
- Cake Pops, Oreos, Rice Krispies & Apples: “O” Pops By Angie
- Cookies: youcancallmesweetie
- Meringues: My Sweet Merengues
- Stacked Cookies and desserts in jars: ohhmysweetness