Feliz cumpleaños, Hannah! Courtney Portner designed a Bright & Colorful Flower Fiesta Party for her daughter’s 9th birthday with insanely creative fringe napkin wraps & favor bags, amazing fondant fiesta skirts by Edible Details, and so many more vibrant details that shout FIESTA! And don’t forget about the activities – Courtney has such a festive lineup including mini piñata decorating and passed the “hot potato” sombrero.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Floral headpiece, patterned purse and handmade colorful fiesta style skirt
- Rainbow ruffled cake and cake pops + cactus cupcakes with fondant flower toppers
- Beautiful floral cookies by The Baked Equation + Cascarones (confetti filled eggs!)
- Cactus pot painting activity, Mexican Hat Dancing and mini piñata decorating
- Tissue fringe napkin wrappers and favor bags + custom Papel Picado drink flags
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Courtney…
If the saying were true that you are what you eat – my daughter would be a bowl full of Queso, tortillas and a plate full of enchiladas. Her love of Mexican food inspired our decision to throw a “Floral Fiesta” to celebrate her 9th birthday.
Festive personalized paper flags in a variety of bright colors adorned the party room. A sweet, festively embellished snail welcomed each girl to her seat – where each guest found a handmade colorful fiesta style skirt along with a floral headpiece and bag to help set the fun party tone.
Wearing their new festive attire, the girls danced to the Mexican Hat Dance music, passed the sombrero “hot potato” and burned energy with a variety of sombrero relay races. They used personalized piñata textured bags to scoop up candy sprayed from a bright bull shaped piñata.
The girls also crafted three different masterpieces including painting a pot to house a vibrant cactus, decorating a bashful piñata and using glow-in-the-dark paint to create a fairy jar.
After exuding energy in all the party activities – a taco bar awaited the girls where they could refuel before diving into the dessert table. Replicating the bouncy, colorful layers of a fiesta skirt – the multi-colored cake stood front and center. Surrounding it were cupcakes adorned with fondant skirts, cake pops with similar flowing layers and cookies spelling out the birthday girl’s name. Other cookies showcased Mexican flags and vibrant flowers. Fondant flowers also accessorized a variety of cactus cupcakes.
The culminating event to the evening was the girls smashing Cascarones (confetti filled eggs) on one another!
- Party Invitation and Other Paper Party Supplies: Anders Ruff
- Fondant: Edible Details
- Cake and Cake Pops: Simply Desserts Online
- Cookies: The Baked Equation
- Purses: little girl Pearl
- Cascarones: Gracie’s Eggs
- Flags and Small Piñatas: Lula Flora
- Snails: Cherry Garden Dolls
- Doilies: Todo Papel
- Flower Head Wreaths: Alamo Fiesta