My personal approach to baking has always been simplicity + attention to presentation. I’m not a gourmet cook and have finally learned to stop apologizing for that! 🙃 There are only so many things you can devote a big span of your attention to at once. ;)
However, I DO love to dream up and make tasty things that are fuss-free and pretty. And that’s the perfect description of this lovely Lemon-Almond Pound Cake! The recipe with instructions is below, but here’s a sneak peek at how it’s made…
Almond Extract + Almond “Flowers”
In a nutshell, I added a bit of almond extract to the Krusteaz Meyer Lemon Pound Cake Mix, then baked & glazed the pound cake as directed on the box. The mix for the glaze is also included in the box 🙌, and I added a bit of almond extract to that as well.
While the glaze was still wet, I decorated the cake with little “almond flowers” all over the top, using white chocolate chips as the centers and sliced almonds as the petals. Here’s how it turned out:
As you can see, it doesn’t need to be perfect or follow a strict pattern! Just pick a spot to put your first flower, then add full or partial pieces of flowers around it until the entire top of the cake is covered.
This recipe is simple and versatile enough to work for any occasion – Mother’s Day Brunch, baby shower, just-for-fun lunch, etc. It would also be a lovely addition to a Boho Chic party OR paired with fresh daisies as a creative homemade gift idea.
Lemon-Almond Pound Cake
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total time: 1 hour
– 1 box Krusteaz® Meyer Lemon Pound Cake Mix
– ¾ cup Water
– 10 tbsp Melted Butter
– 1-½ tsp Almond Extract
Glaze & Garnish:
– 1 packet Lemon Glaze Mix (included in the box)
– 1 cup sifted Powdered Sugar
– 3 tbsp Water
– 1 tsp Almond Extract
– ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
– ¼ cup Sliced Almonds
– 10-12 White Chocolate Chips
For the Cake:
1. Stir together the water, melted butter, almond extract, and cake mix until moistened. Spoon batter into a prepared loaf pan.
2. Bake as instructed on the box. Cool 5 minutes, gently loosen, and remove from pan. Allow cake to cool completely before glazing.
For the Glaze:
1. Whisk together the included packet of Lemon Glaze Mix, powdered sugar, water, almond extract, and vanilla extract until smooth. Drizzle over cooled pound cake until cake is completely covered.
2. While the glaze is still wet, decorate the entire top of the cake with “almond flowers”. Use a white chocolate chip as the center of each flower, then place sliced almonds around it to create the look of flower petals. Keep adding flowers all over the top of the cake until it’s completely covered in a pretty floral motif!
This project is brought to you in collaboration with Krusteaz®. As always, all thoughts, designs, and opinions are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the companies that make it possible for me to keep the creative content coming your way! I am truly grateful.