Hello again! If we haven’t met before, I’m Jen! I spend my days taking pictures of the most adorable kids and families (you can see them right here). But in my spare time, I enjoy crafts and cupcakes… so today I want to share 2 simple DIY ideas to dress up your cupcakes!
DIY VALENTINE CUPCAKE TOPPERS Cupcakes are one of the greatest goodies to give. With Valentines Day popping up soon, I thought I’d give you two simple ways to make cupcakes even cuter! But not only that, I want to share the most brilliant way EVER, to give them away!
Valentine’s Day scrapbook paper or colored cardsotck
Step By Steps Instructions: Heart Bunting
1. Cut out five hearts in different shapes and sizes. Keep them tiny, about 1/2″ – 1″ in height. I freehand them. I like hearts that aren’t perfect, they’re endearing.
2. Take three of your hearts, and punch tiny holes just inside the top edges of each of them. String one piece of your bakers twine through each hole, and pull the hearts close so they overlap each other.
3. Tie each end of twine to the top of a toothpick, and cut most of the excess string.
4. Gently place each toothpick towards the edge of your cuppie (that’s what I call cupcakes for short). And boooooom, cutest little cupcake topper to make a sweet gift even sweeter!
Step By Steps Instructions: Mini Heart Cards
1. Take the other two hearts you cut out, and write something cute on them. Use a colored marker + fun writing + sketch hearts!
2. Tape a toothpick to the back of each heart, and gently place them in your cuppie! Now you’ve just made your very own personalized DIY cupcake card!
Now to give them away, how do we do it? We have all of these gorgeous cupcakes (we were given a dozen delicious cupcakes from my most favorite cupcakery in the world, Frosted Cupcakery). I wish I could eat them all, but I won’t. So how do I share them without messing up the gorgeous frosting, or risk them falling over in transport?
Simple – slide them in a cup!
That’s right, cupcakes fit perfectly in the standard sized plastic cups that you can buy at any grocery store or party supply. I always keep these on hand for when I plan to share cupcakes that I buy or make. Transporting them in a cup not only looks cute, but keeps the frosting perfectly in tact! And if the cup happens to tip over, nothing gets ruined!
To get them out of the cup, gently tilt the cup over, and they slide right out. For even safer transport, I put a piece of press and seal over the cupcake! Simple & easy, best idea ever! How cute would this be to give each child in your kid’s class? Or take over for each lady on a girls night? Cupcakes in a cup, who knew? Give it a try!